Author Topic: What's the best Blender + DTS workflow nowadays?  (Read 1564 times)

Hello fellows!

I'm thinking I want to do some modding/hosting this summer. What's the best way to get playertypes/items out of Blender and into Blockland nowadays?

Ports dts exporter works flawlessly most of the time

Ports dts exporter works flawlessly most of the time
You have to use empties to animate stuff though, right?

You have to use empties to animate stuff though, right?
for the most part yea. You won't really need bones unless you plan to make playertypes with connected vertices that animate. For things like weapons and vehicles, bones are seldom needed

for the most part yea. You won't really need bones unless you plan to make playertypes with connected vertices that animate. For things like weapons and vehicles, bones are seldom needed
If you absolutely need vertex weights in your animated model to smooth out bendy parts or whatever, then you should probably use Milkshape 3D though

If you absolutely need vertex weights in your animated model to smooth out bendy parts or whatever, then you should probably use Milkshape 3D though
I guess I'll try to appease my super old Blender installation with the right version of Python if I want to do any playertype work. Thx!

>obligatory old-fashioned guy here who does everything in 2.49b

>obligatory old-fashioned guy here who does everything in 2.49b
what's it like in the sixth circle of hell