Tomb Raider film

Author Topic: Tomb Raider film  (Read 1710 times)

Anyone seen the new Tomb Raider film? Imo it's the best video game movie ever, and by that I mean it's not awful. The bar would probably be set with Warcraft, which I'd give a 4/10. Fun movie to watch but man it was bad.

Lara's actor was really solid and gave a convincing performance very similar to the Tomb Raider reboot series (and nothing at all like the old games in which she is a psychopathic bitch). These are significantly better than both Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider Films, although that bar is ridiculously low. I'd give it a solid 7/10. Extremely forgettable movie but still very fun and the thing that I liked the most was a certain scene (that I won't spoil) that was taken shot-by-shot from the first Tomb Raider reboot game. It was ridiculous and actiony and a straight-up remake of game footage for a solid 4-5 minutes.

We did it guys--we got a good video game movie. A new era has begun.

Also Darkest Hour is INCREDIBLE and everyone should go see it. Solid 9/10 and insanely tense. There's no action but I was at the edge of my seat the entire film.

What's it rated and is it on netflix? (for both.)
90% sure one of those tomb raider films is on netflix but I could be wrong.

ahem..
minecraft the movie

What's it rated and is it on netflix? (for both.)
90% sure one of those tomb raider films is on netflix but I could be wrong.
The first two from the early 2000s are garbage, don't watch them. The new one hit theatres recently so it won't be on Netflix for a while. It's got a 48% on Rotten Tomatoes (probably biased due to the fact that it's a video game film) and a 6.8 on IMDB, which seems fair. Facebook reviews give it an 9/10... but I've never even heard of Facebook reviews, so...

I could have sworn that Uwe Boll made a Tomb Raider film

I might watch it, but idk.

49% Rotten Tomatoes

4.5/5 Facebook

I could have sworn that Uwe Boll made a Tomb Raider film
He directed the garbage Far Cry movie that nobody talks about.

Any tomb raider that is post core-design days is a bad Tomb Raider.

Oh it's like the tomb raider reboot. Granted that game would've been better as a movie anyway but it's not something I would watch regardless

Tomb Raider was actuallly a good video game film. A lot of fun and Alicia was fantastic as Lara Croft. Still not the best video game film though. My personal favorites are the Resident Evil films, Mortal Kombat, and Silent Hill.

Also, Darkest Hour was good, but doesn't compare to all the other oscar films like The Shape of Water or Lady Bird.

Any tomb raider that is post core-design days is a bad Tomb Raider.
Eh, I've played all of them (except for the newest one). First game I ever played was Tomb Raider II. Big fan of the series. I can say that while they are NOTHING like the old games, the new ones are objectively better. Way better RPG systems than the old games and way less confusing level design.

Ever played Tomb Raider Chronicles? They literally stiched the enitire game together out of levels that were cut from other Tomb Raider games for being bad, lol. I don't know what they expected--the game sucked. Also it came out on my birthday.

Way better RPG systems than the old games

Tomb Raider was never meant to be an RPG in the first place.

way less confusing level design.

The old tomb raider games were puzzles.

The new tomb raider games are just linear corridors because it's more streamlined and no one wants to think anymore when playing games.

Ever played Tomb Raider Chronicles? They literally stiched the enitire game together out of levels that were cut from other Tomb Raider games for being bad

The island with kid laura was probably the best and most innovative level for any tomb raider game at that time.

I wish they made a whole game based around that instead of a few levels.

In fact. The new Tomb Raider reboot game was suppose to be incredibly similar to the tomb raider chronicles young laura levels but they scrapped it in favor of pirates and stuff to appeal to uncharted fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrg_Xskdy6g
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:45:47 PM by King Tøny »