Author Topic: Adding a skin to a weapon.  (Read 1893 times)

I have Conan's sniper rifle addon and I wanted to know how to modify it's base colour to say Gold or Purple.

If anyone could help me or show me what software I can use to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't change the name but change the image in the black.png for example to a gold color.

Don't change the name but change the image in the black.png for example to a gold color.

What if i would like one grey and one gold?

What if i would like one grey and one gold?
same thing. if you want the brown part of the sniper to be gold, edit brown.png so its gold colored. if you want the gray part to be purple, edit gray25.png to be purple. if there are two parts that are the same color and you want them to be each different, that's not possible without editing the model

No I mean like I would have 2 separate snipers, one normal and one gold.

you'd have to create two separate ItemDatas and ImageDatas for both of them.

like:

SniperGoldItemData and SniperGoldImageData

its imperative that every color-swap you do is in its own folder. So you should have one folder that contains the sniper.dts and all the images and the gold ones, and then another folder with sniper.dts and all the regular images. then when you reference the model you do like

shape = "./GoldSniper/sniper.dts"; and shape = "./RegularSniper/sniper.dts"; for the other one

aka what i did for prison break

probably can rip the files straight from there tbh

probably can rip the files straight from there tbh

Rip what files? From where?

https://github.com/ConanODoyle/conans-prison-break/tree/master/data/items/Weapon_Sniper_Rifle_Spotlight

i made a separate version of the sniper rifle without hands (but still with reloading anims) and also made a golden copy for donators

changing the color of an image named red to say blue color will still leave it red for people who have download textures off since it will default to red texture found in the default blockland textures