What should I do

Send the card back at no extra charge
25 (55.6%)
Sell it back to him for a price
8 (17.8%)
Keep it and ignore him
12 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: I'm in a moral dilemma  (Read 2898 times)

So I recently bought 3 GTX 1080 Ti's on ebay from 3 different sellers for slightly above MSRP... 2 for my gaming PC, and 1 for my encoding server.
But today, a 4th one arrived, and sure enough, on ebay I get a message from one of the sellers that they accidentally shipped me the same card twice...

As far as I know there's nothing Ebay can do about it, and I'm also pretty sure the seller was a miner as they were selling like 3 other models of high-end GPU's.

One one hand, forget cryptocurrency miners, and how do you "ACCIDENTALLY" ship the same item, to the same address, on 2 different days
On the other hand, that would really suck if it were me, and he has my address and my name... but he lives halfway across the country.

UPDATE: I have sent the seller an additional $200. This is the optimal solution for me as I am not completely loving him and if I feel remorse in the future I can just send him more money
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:57:39 PM by DurkaDude »

I'd send it back but get him to pay me for postage

He also added the other tracking number to the listing.

I'm just wondering HOW does one manage to get this far without realizing they forgeted up

there is nothing they can really do about it. if you wanna keep it, it's yours. but that's kind of rude, since this is just a random guy and not like amazon or something

If he was a miner keep it. I'm sure he got his moneys worth.

Send it back but ask him to pay for postage. I always use empathy in a situation like this. It's definitely tempting to take it and go, but put yourself in his shoes and you'd hope the other person would send the card back.

just walk out into the streets and hand it to a random stranger

just walk out into the streets and hand it to a random stranger

hobo: "what the forget am i supposed to do with this"
actually now i think of it he could probably pawn it off for crack money

If he was a miner keep it. I'm sure he got his moneys worth.

Tell him you never got the extra GPU :cookieMonster:

I'll trade you my gtx 670 for it