search function a stuff (now with 300% more stuff)

Author Topic: search function a stuff (now with 300% more stuff)  (Read 1444 times)

minor gripe but it's kind of annoying that you're required to search for keywords.  you can't just search a forum category for a specific user's posts, like above where i'm trying to search my own posts in the decals category

searching for x user's posts not containing keyword: doesn't try

searching a commonly-used vowel: returns nothing

searching the same vowel bracketed by wildcards: returns nothing, probably searches for *a* in plaintext rather than searching for any string containing an A
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:07:26 PM by PowerDag »

forget the search function all together! go to google, and type site:forum.blockland.us (your search here) and it will search the forums for you. you can get more specific by throwing in like, "Add-ons" onto the search to make it only check that board. this will change your life!!!

It has degraded quite a bit over the years. I don't think the SMF forum software was meant to house such a long living forum. Anything PHP 5.6 or older is going to be slow and painful to use. I'm guessing that Badspot hasn't enabled OpCache either

you can force it to show all posts by using common keywords but also removed at the same time, like

Badspot did say he removed a few search features

https://blockohub.us/search.html has worked way more for me the past few weeks