what do you think of ready player one? [SPOILERS]

Poll

Do you think H is a lesbian because she was willing to straight up fuck a lady that got out of the bath in the scene from the screening?

yes
0 (0%)
no
6 (33.3%)
biloveual brothers be like
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: what do you think of ready player one? [SPOILERS]  (Read 1572 times)

I thought it was pretty good, especially since I saw it in 3D and it looked great. my sister was able to cinemasins the stuff out of quite a few things though which was pretty funny. I also have one question.

Do you think H is a lesbian because she was willing to straight up forget a lady that got out of the bath in the scene from the screening?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:58:57 PM by Darth C3P0² »

I think the book was terrible. Worst novel I've ever read.

Haven't seen the movie. I'm sure Spielberg made the movie less stuff then it's source material.

dont get me wrong there are definitely some weird cringey realization scenes from the characters but it wasnt really that bad because it was also filled with a bunch of gaming memes

it wasnt really that bad because it was also filled with a bunch of gaming memes

Oh so the movie IS stuff

sorta overviewed my post but ok then
yes fellow toddlers i HAVE heard of sarcasm

I haven't seen the movie but the trailers make it look like it's just a bunch of pandering so I probably will not see it

I haven't seen the movie but the trailers make it look like it's just a bunch of pandering so I probably will not see it
How else are you gonna make money?

It was a 2/10. Here’s why.

• The movie doesn’t explain certain aspects of the story that are crucial.
For example, when Sorrento pulled out Mechagodzilla, where did he get that? In the story, you learn where it came from (a special side quest), but, that ruins the point of a movie adaptation. Not to mention, the hapsuits, the actual technology behind the OASIS, the actual in-depth technological side of everything, as well as credits, teleportation, the schooling system, etc. So much is missing from the movie which would’ve made it way better.
  • Holy forget Character Development sucks
It feels like I’m being thrown directly in, and I’m supposed to know who Aech is (beyond being my best friend and this super slam famous star), or who Daito, or Sho (or who Shoto) is already, as well as Arty. Beyond the IRL development.. it sucked.
  • The book and movie are both just pandering to millenials
God damn, the story was “meh”, but, it still somewhat explained the concept, and characters. Meanwhile, the movie directly throws you in, and throws pop culture after pop culture reference to distract you from how stuffTY and undeveloped the story is. It’s sad, and, it feels more like a nostalgia jerkoff.
  • The movie holds onto very little crucial aspects of the book as possible.
I get it, it’s an adaptation, but, holy stuff. Art and Parzival both meet half-way, instead of near the end, Art breaks out from IOI, Og plays a very little role in the story, other then giving Parzival the “extra life token”, which is disappointing, and, meh.

It sucks, honestly, and I’m disappointed. Reflecting on it, though, the book was hella weird and sucked as well, so, just, avoid lmao

i thought this thread was a quintuple post at first

I won't be seeing it in theaters, but once it's out on netflix I'll watch it cause a bunch of franchises going to war with each other sounds entertaining enough.

the book is meh, honestly surprised it even got a movie adaptation. in the end very little is learned, and the main character somehow goes from Gamer to hackerman/watch dogs protag minus the killing three-quarters of the way through, despite having shown no actual experience hacking stuff together in any other scene in the book. that was my biggest pet peeve, considering he's said to be overweight and not particularly athletic or notably intelligent in any way.

there's also the problem of no real lessons learned and subpar character development (almost none for the side characters), on top of the challenges and obstacles he faced feeling lackluster, but many action-oriented books lack this depth too and the book doesnt stand out in any way for being the same. it just happens to be about games and 80's-2000's game culture

well if the trailer is anything to go off of this movie looks like pandering dogstuff

well if the trailer is anything to go off of this movie looks like pandering dogstuff
How else are you gonna make money?

i thought the oasis was visually stunning and the race scene was amazing

the characters suck, the dialogue sucks and the real world part of the movie sucked in general