Good software for taking cropped screenshots?

Author Topic: Good software for taking cropped screenshots?  (Read 2953 times)

I'm on Windows and I'm getting tired of having to print-screen + crop the image in some image application. On OSX there was a built-in way to take cropped screenshots.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is some kind of software that lets me drag a marquee on the screen and save that cropped screenshot to the desktop or some designated folder. A few of these tools upload the screenshot to a server, but I don't want that. Thanks.

Snipping Tool =)

It's default on windows.

I used to use gyazo and now I use ShareX.  Gyazo was easier and less of a pain in the ass.

Snipping Tool =)

It's default on windows.

well stuff. Unless anyone else has some kind of god tier tool for taking screenshots, I'm just going to use this.

ShareX is pretty good

It has all these features like GIF screenshots, text grabbing and stuff, but I just use it to capture a bit of the screen like with snipping tool.

It's great for that because I just press my hotkey (for me its ctrl, shift, 4) and once i draw the area I want it uploads it to a site of my choice (imgur is default, I use puush) and attaches the URL to my clipboard. It saves the file too somewhere, but I just use the url to share it

the only correct answer is sharex

I've always used snipping tool for no-hassle screenshots and sharex for screenshots that I want to edit afterwards

sharex

prtscn = screenshot

ctrl + prtscn = cropped screenshot

you can upload to any service you want, files too

prtscn = screenshot

ctrl + prtscn = cropped screenshot
This + MS Paint = you'll never need anything else

Ever

greenshot for me personally. literally just prt screen, use the crop tool, and then copy

program called lightshot. you can crop, color, and do immediate uploads. process takes like 20-30 seconds.

program called lightshot. you can crop, color, and do immediate uploads. process takes like 20-30 seconds.
this, i use lightshot often for the stuff i do and it's really simple and nice
don't upload it to lightshot directly tho