Author Topic: Some questions about my vehicles before i release them?  (Read 2342 times)

Im planning to release my vehicles soon, but the only problem in the way of that is that i dont really know how to package it. Ive really just used the files of vehicles that people dont use, replace the model, and work on it extensively. Should i release it like that or should it just stay like that?

Also the other question is about the animated steering wheel and how to make it. Im using Blender 2.79 with the DTS Import/Export and i use the default jeep mounts/hubs as my base.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:00:53 AM by SwiftHyena2593 »

probably make it its own bot and mount it to the location

look at other vehicles that use Support_HandsOnSteeringWheel and work from there? idk
all of filipes new vehicles have it

Disregard the previous posts, they are pure speculation only. Steering wheel animations are supported by Torque by default, you don't need any extra bots or scripts.

Judging by earlier pictures you posted, you are using Blender with Port's exporter. Here's my usual setup:

1. Add an empty (I name it stw, but it doesn't matter)
2. Rotate the empty on its X axis to make it match with angle of the steering wheel.
3. In transform settings (press N to bring it up) set the rotation mode to "YXZ Euler"
4. Parent the steering wheel object to the empty
5. In the timeline window make a marker by pressing M.
6. Move the green bar by 60 frames and add a second marker. (Though the distance between the two markers is up to you, but keep in mind that the bigger the distance, the slower the steering wheel turns).
7. Select the first marker, press ctrl M and name it "steering:start" This will be the start of your steering animation.
8. Select the second marker and rename it to "steering:end"
9. Put the green bar to the first marker.
10. Rotate the empty on its local Y axis by 90 degrees (hit Y twice to rotate something on its local axis)
11. Press I to make a keyframe
12. Move the green bar to the second marker.
13. Rotate the empty by 180 degrees along its local axis.
14. Press I again to make the second keyframe.

You can check your work by sliding the green bar around in the timeline window. If you did everything correctly, you should see your steering wheel rotating along nicely.

As for exporting, the exporter will export any animations, unless you tell it not to do so by pressing "selected markers only"

for some reason i thought steering wheels were just 'tires' people mounted inside the car.

....barnabas gave you the answer?

If it already works there is no point in packaging it again. For example my suomilauncher was just modified Rocket L before I added my own model.