Author Topic: real talk: why is kindle fire a successful brand  (Read 2078 times)

Kindles are loving stupid
Pros: flimsy stuffs are the cheapest tablets on the market
Cons:
Despite being android based, they have the settings menu of a loving parental locked Wii
App store is absolute stuff, with the exclusives being stuff and popular games being behind android
Makes you become a walking shill for amazon
stuffty ass custom android is behind always.
Kindle Fire and HD: android 3.0
Kindle fires to 5: 3.2 to 4.1, never updated
Kindle fires above: false android, still using Samsung touchwiz style dark ui to cover up the fact they're outdated

people probably buy them as cheap screens for their kids to watch spiderman and elsa on youtube.

biggest benefit is definitely price so yeah that's probably why. like, the newest one is $50. for $50 that stuff is not a bad tablet. still just $80 if you want the slightly bigger version
also you can install the google app store so

kindles are so cheap because of the built in ads amazon has in them (dunno if they have them anymore)

Area they real kindles or are they just garbage tablets?

people probably buy them as cheap screens for their kids to watch spiderman and elsa on youtube.
stuff how did you know

[Snip] behind android
[Snip] behind always.
[Ship]

I'm sorry What?

>not just rooting it and replacing the stuffty fire OS with something actually decent like cyanogenmod

cheap and easy to use. great gifts for people who aren't very familiar with technology that want to read and use the facebook.

my grand son bought me kindle fire and i learn the computer go on facebook view cracker boral order corn

>not just rooting it and replacing the stuffty fire OS with something actually decent like cyanogenmod

if you're really that inclined to get a kindle fire. it's only good if you're a broke college kid for notes n stuff, or for your kid to watch stuffty videos.

if you're really that inclined to get a kindle fire. it's only good if you're a broke college kid for notes n stuff, or for your kid to watch stuffty videos.

yeah, pretty much. never said buy it, just said there were better OS options
if you do have one though (referring to people in general who have one) PLEASE do this, fireOS is stuff and lineageOS and cyanogenmod are way better than the stock bullstuff

because they are the cheapest tablets you can buy a kid. many times even cheaper than those "educational" toys tablets for toddlers.

yeah, pretty much. never said buy it, just said there were better OS options
if you do have one though (referring to people in general who have one) PLEASE do this, fireOS is stuff and lineageOS and cyanogenmod are way better than the stock bullstuff

/support.

i'm not totally against reskinned android since i'm forced to use it on my honor 8. it's actually not THAT bad compared to touchwiz.

Cheap, easy to use, powerful enough to get by, can sideload the play store onto it. Definitely pales in comparison to pretty much any other tablet but the price is what sells it.