If you were in charge of the next Blockland Update topic, what would you add?

Author Topic: If you were in charge of the next Blockland Update topic, what would you add?  (Read 7022 times)

- UI theme switcher
you can already do this
- Fancy brick effects
like what
- Bricks can be made in any color with any transparency instead of being limited
you can already do this
- Spotlights, Area Lights
you can already do this
- Remove certain limits for particles and other FX
the maximum limit cannot be surpassed because it will break the engine and crash the game
- Physics optimization for large physics events (> 300 bricks)
this would break the engine iirc
- No more farlands; you can build far far away now
impossible
- Even faster packets/download speeds
this depends on the client and the host
- More default bricks; 'essential' add-ons are included as default
"essential addons" is an opinion, every default tool/brick was made by badspot
- More default saves
these are also added based on opinion
- Projectile speedlimits are a thing of the past
this would break the engine
- Fix jump glitch/exploit and noclipping
dont forget moveforward(0.1);

a new paint FX that makes bricks rotate

- UI theme switcher
you can already do this
and? would it hurt to include it in the game?

- Fancy brick effects
like what
materials is what i meant, i was thinking of the paintfx stuff

- Spotlights, Area Lights
you can already do this
all lights are point lights, but sure you could fake something like it

- Remove certain limits for particles and other FX
the maximum limit cannot be surpassed because it will break the engine and crash the game
"Regardless of the Torque engine limitations." I'm referring to particle sizes and particle emission rate limits being more lenient for large scale effects, sure flat out removal is a bit far.

- Physics optimization for large physics events (> 300 bricks)
this would break the engine iirc
i'm talking about fakekill physics, and over 300 bricks physics works but once you touch certain values for it to not drop bricks it lags to hell

- No more farlands; you can build far far away now
impossible
other games have methods to mitigate the underlying problem, whether it could be applied to blockland is the question

- Even faster packets/download speeds
this depends on the client and the host
Ok, this probably wasn't needed; more CDN files instead

- More default bricks; 'essential' add-ons are included as default
"essential addons" is an opinion, every default tool/brick was made by badspot
feature to install a package of certain popular add-ons that happen to add functionality built in if you choose to, otherwise enjoy finding them on your own

- More default saves
these are also added based on opinion
good, random garbage shouldn't be added, and there have been a few good large saves made; new players should have some more stuff to check out

- Projectile speedlimits are a thing of the past
this would break the engine
increased beyond 200 instead of flatout removing a limit

- Fix jump glitch/exploit and noclipping
dont forget moveforward(0.1);
'noclipping'

badspot made every default tool/brick
this is true but i think the original slopes map was made by heedicalking so arguabley u could say community-made stuff can make itself at home in default, provided badspot makes sure its good enough

Bot bricks were made by Rotondo, ModTer bricks were made by [GSF]Ghost, V15 bricks were made by TheGeek and Ephialtes

r1989
  • Added support for HTTPS

r1990
  • Added BOFA support

Make Blockland cost 50 cents.

v22:
Google Earth map option
Photorealistic shaders and skies
SwiftHyena Vehicles now default
Geolocate Builds
Maps and V21 Slate are both able to be chosen when starting a server
IP Ban and more punishments like some embarrassing ones.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see above k thx

Anyhoo.

V21.555555

> Few more customization options for default players (Maybe include a few from the hat mod that you can change the colour of and maybe a few more decals.)
> Default a few useful brick mods (Pole bricks, Octogon bricks, wedges, different print sizes, etc.)
> Default a few more vehicles (Can't think of any good examples atm but I'm sure a few of you can figure out some good ones.)
> Add a few more default colours.
> Minor bug fixing (Like clipping through bricks, or jumping up corners... however the latter I would kinda keep cause I mean they help getting to places without jets amirite?)
> Maybe an option for ambience sound effects, just to make the game feel a bit more... alive?

- bulk/batch downloading.  i'm sick of blockland's ultra-throttled download system that downloads one file at a time, really loving slowly.  even if you have a great computer and some snazzy fibreop stuff it's still gonna take an hour to download all the sound and music files some shmuck loaded their server with and refuse to release because they don't want anyone else to have their stuffty 30sec loops

- experimental controller mode.  suggested many times, but my idea is to have it relegated to movement/combat with a "toggle build mode" button that switches your controls to building.  make the most out of the least buttons.  optional: radial item dial

- update the openAL library

- directional lighting.  very annoying to have to work around with invis-paint bricks and ambient lights and falls apart when dynamic elements (like literally everything that isn't a brick) are introduced

- building off previous: allow light rendering on unrendered bricks and show wireframes on transparent bricks.  helps players with impaired vision and makes completely-invisible painted bricks findable.  in fact, abolishes the need for invisible paint anyways.  please, let us get rid of this stupid obnoxious workaround that we lose track of half the time

- more default building tools (zeblote's duplicator, fillcan, hackplant)

- more default building tools (zeblote's duplicator, fillcan, hackplant)
Pains me when I go to a server and there's no fill can smh.

Make buildable cars that actually work and not as an add-on

Multiply projectile speed limit by 50.