City RPG Slim | Version 0.1 | Community Input Please!!!!

Author Topic: City RPG Slim | Version 0.1 | Community Input Please!!!!  (Read 3211 times)

I had a server that got pretty popular too but was only up for about a month. It did include a couple extra additions like an "economy" and a global /grantmoney tracker. I've tried editing the mod myself but I am very bad at bug-clearing. If anybody has some improved source code, I've already got a nice map to build from.

I had a server that got pretty popular too but was only up for about a month. It did include a couple extra additions like an "economy" and a global /grantmoney tracker. I've tried editing the mod myself but I am very bad at bug-clearing. If anybody has some improved source code, I've already got a nice map to build from.

I'm actually planning on making a new city RPG mod thats more user friendly... and most importantly publicly released... But I'm going to probably need some help with certain blockland-related functions...

Basically now I want to create function that will run when a player joins the server, and that will check a user's ID so I can compare it to a data list.

You should rename the thread title 'How To Improve City RPG' because all of the problems you addressed are extremely minor. Fixing city rpg takes a lot more than fine tuning hunger and clothing

You should rename the thread title 'How To Improve City RPG' because all of the problems you addressed are extremely minor. Fixing city rpg takes a lot more than fine tuning hunger and clothing
Hmm...

I guess badspot could move this if need be...
but I think i'm going to move this from being about how It could be improved to me
improving it and providing updates...

Hmm...

but I think i'm going to move this from being about how It could be improved to me
um..... nobody said anything about moving the topic to a different board? just that you should rename the topic?

Hmm...

what

I'm actually planning on making a new city RPG mod thats more user friendly... and most importantly publicly released... But I'm going to probably need some help with certain blockland-related functions...

Basically now I want to create function that will run when a player joins the server, and that will check a user's ID so I can compare it to a data list.

sorry but if can't figure out something at that level, you aren't going to make a new city rpg mod

um..... nobody said anything about moving the topic to a different board? just that you should rename the topic?

I know, sorry, but half of that was me deciding to make this thread about a WIP mod.

sorry but if can't figure out something at that level, you aren't going to make a new city rpg mod
Sifting through a console dump to find the basic CUSTOM BUILT GAME COMMANDS i need
isn't hard its loving tedious, I'll do it if all else fails, but I figured someone who has some experience might know what type of command I'm looking for...

Sifting through a console dump to find the basic CUSTOM BUILT GAME COMMANDS i need
isn't hard its loving tedious, I'll do it if all else fails, but I figured someone who has some experience might know what type of command I'm looking for...

or you can just open up the cityrpg gamemode file and view the scripts and see the custom commands written there and most likely documented?

or you can just open up the cityrpg gamemode file and view the scripts and see the custom commands written there and most likely documented?
I guess, but i wont be lifting any code if i dont have to, if prefer to try and make the script from the ground up.

I guess, but i wont be lifting any code if i dont have to, if prefer to try and make the script from the ground up.
i suggest you dont, coding a city rpg from the ground up is an awful idea and you'll likely quit in about a day

coding a cityrpg is a big undertaking - you have to understand a lot of how the game works to be able to package all the necessary functions and handle things like combat, spawning, player data, police, building only in lots, etc.

coding a cityrpg is a big undertaking - you have to understand a lot of how the game works to be able to package all the necessary functions and handle things like combat, spawning, player data, police, building only in lots, etc.
This is more of a slimline economy system... it will be in pieces, but my main objective is to build up to it being a city rpg mod.

This is more of a slimline economy system... it will be in pieces, but my main objective is to build up to it being a city rpg mod.
ha! you? making an economy system? i laugh