Guy wanting to buy my auth code.

Author Topic: Guy wanting to buy my auth code.  (Read 1648 times)

I purchased Blockland in 2007, so my ID number is, like, 300something.  I've got a someone who tracked me down via Reddit and Steam asking about purchasing my original account as s/he wants to buy it from me to get the low id number, some story about playing back in the day and wanting the status symbol of the low ID.

There some scam here I'm not seeing?  I've not really followed the game since... 2008-9? and I've got another copy of it through some Humble Bundle I purchased, that just seems a weird thing to want to have.

(Edit - apparently my ID is 700 something.  Must have just remember 3 as three digit)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:22:18 PM by SecondTalon »

nah people just like feeling superior over others by having an "old" key

don't sell it lol it goes against the EULA
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:17:26 PM by Electrk.. »

nah people just like feeling superior over others by having an "old" key

don't sell it lol it goes against the EULA
I hadn't decided one way or another (though the EULA thing makes sense - I'd feel like crap if I sold something to someone and then it stopped working because it got banned).  I'm just paranoid about things and find the whole situation ... weird, frankly. 

low ID number = big richard

low ID number = big richard
Can confirm. I'm hanging low and swinging heavy over here.

man frig this guy i'll buy it for 100 pesos!1!1!1

reminds me of that one time there was that 2k id sale going for like $50-$100 a key

I remember when ID's mattered...
I remember when people actually played the game...

keep it unless they offer some ridiculous amount, its your legacy if you ever decide to play

keep it unless they offer some ridiculous amount, its your legacy if you ever decide to play
Exactly, I wouldn't sell my 10373 id, ever.

if some guy offers you $200 to buy your key sell it, then spend $10 on the game again and you made $190 for a useless number, good on you.

1. they pay pal the money to you
2. you give them the key
3. they charge back the paypal purchase claiming they never made it
4. you have no disputable evidence that any sort of trade was ever conducted since it is a game key
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:14:31 AM by Swollow »

the only solution is to have them give their bank account info just to be safe