5 (33.3%)
No
0 (0%)
Tumblr: The Movie
6 (40%)
BLF is worse than Hell
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Hazbin Hotel: New Animated Movie Trailer  (Read 3821 times)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeOWxqYp80A

Synopsis: Hazbin Hotel is the story of Charlie, the princess of Hell, as she pursues her seemingly impossible goal of rehabilitating demons to peacefully reduce overpopulation in her kingdom. She opens a hotel in hopes that patients will be "checking out" into Heaven. While most of Hell mocks her goal, her devoted partner Vaggie, and their first test subject, adult film-star Angel Dust, stick by her side. When a powerful entity known as the "Radio Demon" reaches out to Charlie to assist in her endeavors, her crazy dream is given a chance to become a reality.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:05:25 PM by cblock360 »

This is just better than Villainous.

looks like its aimed at kids!
looks like kids will like it!

looks very kid-like!

Why is this called the Tumblr Movie? It doesn't look bad or cringey to me.

I'm surprised this trailer is getting a lot of positive feedback.

I'm surprised this trailer is getting a lot of positive feedback.

seems fine to me, i like the animation and the animator has been well known for a while which might help with the popularity of it

the artstyle looks pretty nice to me.

anyone else reminded of western research animations by the art style?

to be honest yes

that and there's so much red and yellow some details are hard to make out

okay so watching it several times later here's my thoughts

pros:
interesting concept, fluid animation, some pretty nice character designs

cons:
I can definitely see why this is being called the Tumblr movie, there are very clear Tumblr vibes going on here, particularly in the way characters are designed, for example this

is clearly mettaton or at least inspired by him, this is only one character though and a lot of them share this quality
also like I said it's very hard to distinguish details in either the characters or the background sometimes due to how much they just blend in with one another, I didn't know that the mettaton guy had four arms until my fifth time through
there also isn't any noteworthy voice acting and the music is bland as forget

it's nice an animator is coming out with a "movie" (tbh I think it's just a long-ass short story) independent from any big studio but I'm not going to sit down and watch this any time soon

Looks like something with potential to be good, but not the kind of thing I would personally enjoy.

what the forget

oh yeah

the color palette is annoying