[REAL NEWS] Korean War Over - Truce + Denuclearization Imminent

Author Topic: [REAL NEWS] Korean War Over - Truce + Denuclearization Imminent  (Read 3273 times)

hey i predicted this a while ago in the NK nuke thread lol. i remember when Tezuni and Deus ex were saying that north korea will never think rationally and make a decision like this and i was like 'Dennis Rodman's Pal has a lot of advisors im sure they'll come to the right decision'

told ya so forgeters

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:49:56 PM by cblock360 »

The world is just jealous that our President's accomplishments Annoying Oranges theirs.
:egg:

Itt and all over the net. Never Annoying Orangeers need a nuclear war so bad, just to make Annoying Orange look bad.

Itt and all over the net. Never Annoying Orangeers need a nuclear war so bad, just to make Annoying Orange look bad.
I dont know if you remember this but a lot of Annoying Orange supporters here on this forum were upset that Annoying Orange didn't preemptively nuke north korea

Imagine if North Korea strikes a peace treaty then a few months later they say hah pranked then bomb South Korea and japan and maybe the us

I dont know if you remember this but a lot of Annoying Orange supporters here on this forum were upset that Annoying Orange didn't preemptively nuke north korea
Source?
I don't remember anyone advocating for outright preemptive nuclear strikes as the optimal first solution.

Source?
I don't remember anyone advocating for outright preemptive nuclear strikes as the optimal first solution.
Most North Korean infrastructure could be bombed into the ground by the US from carriers in the South China Sea in a matter of days. The question isn't is war with North Korea a good idea, as I believe it would be worth it due to the opportunity to put a halt to the NK nuclear program.

The question is more one of "how many US/civilian casualties are acceptable to accomplish this?" Additionally, "How do we protect South Korea/Japan from retaliation, particularly nuclear retaliation by NK once they realize it's over?"

Knowing Mattis, he's been planning this out for a while. It will be difficult to take out North Korean infrastructure and internal supply chains without killing some civilians. Surgical strikes and taking advantage of American air superiority is obviously the ideal option, but bombs are still imprecise and civilians will inevitably die.

In other words, civilians will die. It's nearly inevitable due to the imprecision of airstrikes that some will be caught in the crossfire. The question isn't one of "Is war with NK to stop their nuclear program from progressing worth it?" because IMO it totally is. The objective should be to neuter the regime as quickly as possible while avoiding the deaths of civilians and protecting SK/Japan from North Korean retaliation.

I'm envisioning a Six Days War scenario where NK is pushed back in a matter of days with a series of surgical strikes intended to disrupt the military's supply chain and eliminate potential missile silos, artillery positions, weapons depots, and airfields. The question is how to minimize collateral damage while doing so.

re-examining your question, you're essentially asking, "Is a preemptive strike justified if it could prevent further casualties which are perceived to be inevitable later down the line?" My answer is, yes, entirely justifiable. NK would nuke NYC in a heartbeat if they could.

so does that mean open borders now? or at least the allowance of north koreans to go to south korea?

Did you not see the word nuclear anywhere in that post? I'll admit that I was wrong and didn't think that NK was going to step up to the negotiating table, but I wasn't advocating for nuclear war either.

my dad said this isnt true

Did you not see the word nuclear anywhere in that post? I'll admit that I was wrong and didn't think that NK was going to step up to the negotiating table, but I wasn't advocating for nuclear war either.
You didn't say nuclear, but we both know that's how an overnight military regime change would go down. Why wouldn't it? If the goal is to ensure complete destruction of all North Korean military infrastructure, you would use nuclear weapons.

this is probably my fault because i meant to say 'preemptively strike' not preemptively nuke

hey i predicted this a while ago in the NK nuke thread lol. i remember when Tezuni and Deus ex were saying that north korea will never think rationally and make a decision like this and i was like 'Dennis Rodman's Pal has a lot of advisors im sure they'll come to the right decision'

told ya so forgeters

Fair enough