[HatMod Script] Node Hiding + Player Hats

Author Topic: [HatMod Script] Node Hiding + Player Hats  (Read 5157 times)

This add-on allows users to force hide specific nodes on the player or re-enable the default player hat. This can be useful for hiding the nodes on the player for a TheHoff-like hat or keeping the player's hat when wearing a scarf.

To set the node setting of a hat: (Everything is case-sensitive)
  • Create a text file named "<HatName>_Nodes.txt" (i.e. Scarf_Nodes.txt) in the same file of the model file.
  • To hide nodes, add a line saying "forceHide <nodeA> <nodeB> <etc...>" (Another typo. Thanks Mr. Nobody)
  • To keep the player hat, add a line saying "keepPlayerHat".

Download

Example Files:
Dominus Hat - Smaller Hats that hide the head node.
TestScarf - the scarf from HatMod_Jake that keeps the player hat.

Update 5/5/18: Fixed a bug where nodes may not reappear when switching hats.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:47:19 PM by Fastmapler »

about time holy stuff

yes now i can continue my damn hat

Does "keepPlayerHat" also work like in the TestScarf example file?
Also, could you add a list of nodes for reference? I don't have one handy.

Does "keepPlayerHat" also work like in the TestScarf example file?
Also, could you add a list of nodes for reference? I don't have one handy.
I made a typo in the op. You should use "keepPlayerHat" to keep the hat rather than showPlayerHat. You can find the list of nodes in the same directory as m.dts in a bunch of text files. What is not included in those files is "ALL" which is all of the nodes, and "headskin" which is just the head.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:16:25 AM by Fastmapler »

Hey, me again.

In the other example hat, specifically the Empyreus, the line to hide a note is "forceHide headskin" instead of "hideNode _____" as listed in the OP.
Is this another typo?

i know nobody will really use this but the visor has a bug where it cant be forcefully unhidden unless you change your avatar to have a helmet at least once, after which unhiding the visor works fine.

I don't know why i encountered this issue but i've recreated it like 3 times at random and it really bothers me

i know nobody will really use this but the visor has a bug where it cant be forcefully unhidden unless you change your avatar to have a helmet at least once, after which unhiding the visor works fine.

I don't know why i encountered this issue but i've recreated it like 3 times at random and it really bothers me
I checked this issue on default freebuild and it still happens. This may just be a bug within blockland.

I have also updated the script to fix a bug that may cause body parts to not reappear after swapping hats. Delete your current version and re-download the file from the op.

This is some impeccable timing I'm about to release a hatmod pack that needs this!