Author Topic: is it true that you don't need to port-forward anymore to host online  (Read 1848 times)

if your router has UPnP enabled and so do the clients joining the server. anyone else cannot join. nobody can join if you dont have upnp on your router

your ping will be listed as —-.

how do you check for that

its somewhere in network settings i think
if you mean for your router just google it

it looks like I have it at school
I'd have to check at home though

I'm looking at the server list and the ping is 0

does that mean it's working

I'm looking at the server list and the ping is 0

does that mean it's working
That means that you're hosting on your local network and on local connections, no matter the router port settings, you can join.

In effect, no. That doesn't say much.

when you start the server the game attempts to use upnp regardless if you port forwarded or not, and the console echoes if it found a upnp device or if it failed.

How about use DMZ?
Yea, he's right. You gotta discombobulate the thingimajig.

OT: That's a good way to give your home internet network AIDS

well I've hosted at least one person online on my new server

when they join blockland almost crashes but once they're on there's no lag at all
I think that it has to do more with my piece of stuff PC than it does the network

when they join blockland almost crashes but once they're on there's no lag at all
I think that it has to do more with my piece of stuff PC than it does the network
i get this every time the first person joins, the game freezes up for 5-30 seconds. i always thought this was normal, is it?

it is. the server has to generate the file manifest first time someone joins, or every time the datablock group is updated (ie new addons are executed).

i swear i have some problem with joining servers and i got a strange feeling it's to do with upnp being enabled on the server.

maybe i'm lying but i know the server is up but it displays --- ping for me.