Author Topic: where hath the good memes gone?  (Read 2544 times)

late last night during a sugar high-induced bout of insomnia i laid awake in bed contemplating the many philosophical questions posed by modern life and eventually my quadruple-digit-IQ brain brought me to the subject of contemporary internet culture and the ever-increasing rate at which memes are born and subsequently laid to rest. during deep thought about why it seems that we have been existing in an accelerated meme hell reality for the past few years, i arrived at a startling revelation:

the ease of accessibility to the internet enabled by the rise of smartphones and social media provided the mechanism by which lowest-common-demoninator african americans were able to quickly dominate and inevitably decimate online meme culture with low-quality content (dabbing, yeet, emoji spam, deep fried images (stuffpics), butchered english (aave) and associated slang terms (thicc, bruh, dat, swag, fam, bae, boi, etc.), real brother hours, bass boosted edits/distorted bass hit) in the latter half of the 2010s.

what happened to quality memes such as the ragefaces and lolcats of yore? why is there no concerted effort to bring new wonderful memes of this caliber into existence so as to purify internet culture, return it to its once-great state, and provide a respectable and wholesome online experience for generations to come?

we must secure the existence of traditional internet culture and a future for quality memes.

god i miss when rage comics were funny
simple times where somebody could just upload a video of luigi saying "spaghetti" and it'd go viral instantly

the simpler times
where you just had to put black and white text and something actually funny
and it spread around like hot cakes

the ease of accessibility to the internet enabled by the rise of smartphones and social media provided the mechanism by which lowest-common-demoninator african americans were able to quickly dominate and inevitably decimate online meme culture with low-quality content (dabbing, yeet, emoji spam, deep fried images (stuffpics), butchered english (aave) and associated slang terms (thicc, bruh, dat, swag, fam, bae, boi, etc.), real brother hours, bass boosted edits/distorted bass hit) in the latter half of the 2010s.

get these mondays out of my memes

remember old ytps
TOASTERS TOAST TOAST

also OP, how much smoke have you cracked?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:03:47 PM by Rigel »

nyan cat is the only old meme that has withstood the test of time

OP, how much smoke have you cracked?
it was a staggering amount of sugar as previously mentioned and no i didn't smoke it i injected it intravenously

is this a joke
did you miss the part where i mentioned my quadruple-digit-IQ? do you think someone as smart as i am has time for jokes?

ah i see so you were merely pretending to be handicapped

H4H4 F0110W M3 0N MY5P4C3
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:41:19 PM by Swollow »

for a second I thought OP was Master Matthew lol

You could say that the quality decreased overtime