Computer starts but won't load

Author Topic: Computer starts but won't load  (Read 4285 times)

ok, so i think the reason why my pc wont do POST is because i dont have an internal speaker installed, POST is essential in this case because according to ECS if there are 3 continuous beeps it is a memory problem, and 1 long beep and 8 short beeps if no VGA is detected. This leads me to believe I may have a memory problem, otherwise the startup process would continue without my VGA plugged in. I will see what i can do with my ram

Real talk though, if it isn't your memory then it is more than likely a MOBO short.

Well, I think it is my memory.
I just pulled a RAM stick out and tested the other one, didnt work in one slot, but it worked in the other slot, but no display was available. The other ram stick didnt do anything tho

I haven't really been paying too much attention to this topic but my best advice would be to make sure your BIOS is up to date, you could even try just resetting it to begin with. After that use only one of your two sticks and try increasing your DRAM voltage up about 0.05 - 0.06 from default spec and then save and restart your PC. If it boots fine after that, leave the setting where it's at and put in your other stick. If it doesn't work after that, it is probably your RAM that needs to be fixed as your stated.

But most importantly before doing any of that just reset the BIOS. You'd be shocked how often it's something as simple as that.

Find that on your MOBO and take it out for ten seconds and put it back in.

have you tried turning it off and on again

i already took out the battery last night, do i turn on the pc when taking it out and then turn it off and put it back in?

I think you keep it off when you take it out, then turn it on when it's back in.

holy stuff i loving love you aplem
it works, i already did it last night but now its fully working
thanks barb
gonna put gpu back in before locking just to make sure

alright, this is weird
my screen will not load with my gpu plugged in while on integrated graphics, thats weird
should i try putting my gpu in while my pc's on?

should i try putting my gpu in while my pc's on?

holy stuff no

that will loving destroy your pc

holy stuff no

that will loving destroy your pc
oof not what i meant to say
meant to ask what i should do about my gpu if it wont work and wont let me boot up

alright, i guess my final verdict is that one ram stick is fried and my gpu is fried, pc refuses to start with the 2nd ram stick in, same with gpu. gonna keep this open for now

alright, i guess my final verdict is that one ram stick is fried and my gpu is fried, pc refuses to start with the 2nd ram stick in, same with gpu. gonna keep this open for now

actually noone has suggested this, maybe your CPU is fried/you forgeted up your zif. i had a case when i was in high school once doing a how to build a PC workshop and this other kid BENT his CPU. i have no clue why it'd do that but that would cause the computer to load and then fail instantly.

try your RAM and GPU in another mobo with a working CPU, maybe that was the issue.

I have one other mobo but my gpu wont fit in it, and I only have one cpu so ye

ok, new conclusion
its my mobo
reason i say this is because what are the odds that a ram stick and a gpu would go out at the same time, as well as your integrated graphics not work because you plug in one more ram stick? my gpu graphics wont work either so