Computer starts but won't load

Author Topic: Computer starts but won't load  (Read 4272 times)

So I was trying to fix my graphics card last night and in the process I accidentally pulled the cord that it connected to. I have been looking in the motherboard's manual and I either dont see it or dont know the term for the connecting part. Any advice?
Alright, I fixed my problem. the computer starts but wont load up. testing hard drives now
Heres the manual too
http://download.ecs.com.cn/dlfileecs/manual/mb/H81H3-A3/H81H3-A3_v10_manual.PDF
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:45:26 AM by Darth C3P0² »

And if I can get a picture i can show you guys how tight the space is

page 21, goes in vertical on the left

Can you describe what the cable you pulled out looks like or take a photo? From your description I'm unclear if you pulled out the PCI-E power cable (it's a black box with 6 or 8 connectors) or if you pulled out the power jumper switch (small thing that will have only two wires coming out of it) that connects to the motherboard front panel header.

For the header switch, there is a diagram on page 25 under section 4. F_PANEL: Front Panel Header of the manual that shows where to plug it back in. The polarity doesn't matter for the switch so you can plug it back on in either orientation.

page 21, goes in vertical on the left
In the 5V slot?
Can you describe what the cable you pulled out looks like or take a photo? From your description I'm unclear if you pulled out the PCI-E power cable (it's a black box with 6 or 8 connectors) or if you pulled out the power jumper switch (small thing that will have only two wires coming out of it) that connects to the motherboard front panel header.

For the header switch, there is a diagram on page 25 of the manual that shows where to plug it back in. The polarity doesn't matter for the switch so you can plug it back on in either orientation.
It's a 2 connector wire, and it is red and white. It is coming from the power button connected to the PC case to turn on the computer.

In the 5V slot?It's a 2 connector wire, and it is red and white. It is coming from the power button connected to the PC case to turn on the computer.
It looks like the connector snot mentioned is for providing power to the USB ports not turning the PC on/off.

In the 5V slot?It's a 2 connector wire, and it is red and white. It is coming from the power button connected to the PC case to turn on the computer.
Alright, if it's the one connected to the power button then it is the one I described. If you look at the picture in the manual you should be able to find it in the bottom right corner of the mobo.

You'll want to reconnect it to the two pins labeled Power Switch (+) and Power Switch (-)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:09:44 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

Ik where the front panel header is, it was one of the connectors i was looking at.  I will try it in a little bit

Can we see a picture of the entire computer?

Alright, I fixed my problem. the computer starts but wont load up. testing hard drives now

if you are getting power but no startup after fiddling around, its likely a bios lockout. hardware changes can sometimes trigger a mobo voltage protection.
reset/unplug the cmos battery.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:56:04 AM by Bisjac »

what is the cmos battery? dont know too much about motherboards and whatnot

its probably your ram

ive had the same problem before and ive fixed it by taking a stick out, and moving 1 stick across all ram slots untill it boots, once it boots put the other stick back in and see if it works

what is the cmos battery? dont know too much about motherboards and whatnot

the battery for the semiconductor

when my computer "starts" but doesn't load i replug the cmos jumper which is this little guy over here

that was merely years ago though; if you replug that jumper you'd have to set the time again and adjust other stuff