smf vs. xenforo

Poll

smf
24 (82.8%)
xenforo
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: smf vs. xenforo  (Read 1693 times)

Xenforo is used on Terraria and starbound forums, smf used here

we've been spoiled by the simplistic and no bullstuff look of bl forums, while it looks like it's from 2008 the lack of eye melting graphics and insane menus makes up for that

I hate most forum layouts with a passion.  They're all cluttered with a bunch of unnecessary bullstuff that makes it hard to navigate/read through threads. 

BLF may not look the prettiest, but it's a good, simplistic interface that's easy to use.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:29:21 PM by Electrk.. »

xenforo is shiny but i have to admit smf is far easier to navigate

i hate those loving things that like

there are too many things on the screen to tell where you're going

I hate most forum layouts with a passion.  They're all cluttered with a bunch of unnecessary bullstuff that makes it hard to navigate/read through threads. 

BLF may not look the prettiest, but it's a good, simplistic interface that's easy to use.
this ^

if only smf had better coding
:panda:

this

every other forum has like 30 boards each with like 2-10 sub boards, then the topics which half the time are organized oldest first for some BS reason. BLF is just like 10 boards and there u go

smf looks nice but its backend is dogstuff

smf is so much nicer than all the other forum layouts i've seen. there's also the added bonus of no post signatures

smf immediately grew on me when i first looked at it in '13. It's just a shame that its coding is literal garbage

blf is literally the only forum layout i like

xenforo is nice and all but it has way too many unecessary stuff and annoying stuff. not to mention it has signatures

smf has no signatures, it's very simple and it's just how forums were meant to be tbh