if one were to host a city rpg what vehicles should they have

Author Topic: if one were to host a city rpg what vehicles should they have  (Read 1192 times)

Pretty much any vehicle without a gun mounted to the top

Disable anything that shoots obviously

Since CRPG maps are generally cramped city builds you should go for vehicles that have good handling. Bot bicycles are pretty cool

vehicles are usually complete bullstuff because they have a lot of movement and a lot of health and players can run over others and can shoot from vehicles. any vehicle in a cityrpg is a tank and super op

I meant specific vehicles but I'll keep these in mind

Which version of cityrpg are you going to use?

uh I haven't decided that yet

If I were you I'd read through some of the more recent Cityrpg threads in GD and try and implement some of the basic suggestions people have made

Which version of cityrpg are you going to use?
uh I haven't decided that yet
There's only 2 real options
Iban's original release, or one of those stuffty Iban edits with drugs.

Iban's original release, or one of those stuffty Iban edits with drugs.
Yep

People seem to love the drug edits but I've never seen a server that has managed to keep everything fair with drugs implemented. You'll always get the cops who save the map to find out how to get into people's bases, plus people who just make their bases impenetrable, and there are a number of extant drug growing/selling exploits with most of those edits too.

I'm a fan of planes.

But for ground vehicles I would suggest getting simpler ones, and modifying the acceleration to be slower.

If you haven't picked a theme yet, I suggest planes, jetpacks, and hang gliders on a lava-pillar sort of map.
Like- have lava below and giant tall pillars rising up into the sky.  The city-rpg takes place on top of the pillars.  Players can travel from pillar to pillar via bridges, or they can use planes to get around.

Or you could do boats in a Venice style, streets of water map.  Last time I tried that... it seemed fun. But the other admins just weren't interested in it.

default ones
to keep it simple and not bloated
btw these are from the rtb2 archive

the ute (this ones on a russian blockland site)
blocko carR
minivan
delivery van
police car
fire truck
bus
military truck for the obvious job
and bulldozer for a special job (like demolitionist or something)

in terms of air
gsf's sea plane
gsf's trawler
scramjet
blackhawk
and hyperjet

Use bikes instead (the bot kind, not the vehicle) because vehicles are stuff and if you're adding stuffty stuff to an already stuff gamemode you're just producing more stuff

adding vehicles as a selling point or for novelty only is stupid. if you want people to 'get places fast' use a bike, as it has absolutely no chance of running people over or getting stuck inside terrain