I Need Some Motivation

Author Topic: I Need Some Motivation  (Read 876 times)

As of recently, I've been unusually unmotivated to finish or even start anything. From Blockland builds to continuing a story I've been making, I can't seem to muster up enough willpower and energy to start to build or write. Hell, writing this is already making me tired and its really annoying. I would absolutely love to build a roman palace, continue my story, or draw something worthwhile but none of those are ever realized thank to the lingering thought in my mind: "why put time and effort into this?" I'm quite sure none of you are therapists, but if anyone can either relate or give me tips that would be greatly appreciated.

Just remembered, if you do nothing.
When you die everyone will loving forget you, bitch.

Motivation is a resource. When you try to do something with no motivation, it is like drawing from an empty well. It is something you must build up with tolerance and willpower, and it's definitely not easy.

One of the biggest tips is that if you're making something, hold off on showing progress pics. Only show off finished things, because the best way to kill motivation is to show off an unfinished job.

if you're anything like me you'll have to force yourself to start on the project and then you'll keep going for a long while until you run out of motivation again
make small goals to get soso percent of it finished and then go from there
repeat until you are finished
don't leave the project alone for too long or you will slowly lose all interest in it

Long story short you need to build yourself up. Keep going at it. You *want* to finish the build, so get on the game, load the build and make yourself finish it. Do it in short bursts, focus on the easy stuff first, get someone to help. You just need to finish it if you want to start building up that motivation.

Time how long you work every day.

motivation is a lie. if you can't think of a reason to do something it's unlikely you'll stumble across one by accident. you have to be disciplined in order to do the things you don't want to do.

some tips from a depressed college student who forks out thousands of dollars a year for a degree that is ruining his life:
- I try to make my bed every morning, and I try to do it the best I can. It's a very important minor accomplishment you can make as soon as you wake up. I try to improve every room I walk into. Don't have to clean the entire room, maybe just pick up some trash or organize something. Very tiny accomplishments like that can build you up over time and give you the extra boost you need to get started on stuff
- Jobs are much harder to begin than they are to actually do. If you can muster up the energy to begin work on something, it's generally pretty easy to keep it going for as long as you can keep yourself from getting distracted.
- Sometimes I'll let myself get bored. If I can't get started on what I actually want to do, I'll refuse to do other stuff that distracts me as well, and I'll just sit there and stare at a wall. The brain naturally wants things to do and will begin to get frustrated when it has nothing to do. That in itself can sometimes give me the motivation I need to work on stuff.

spent 4 days catching up schoolwork before my year ended otherwise i would have failed english
the trick to """motivation"""" is that you gotta start somewhere, it doesn't matter how small but just picking slowly at your goal builds up over time and before you know it you'll be at the finish line
in other words, just loving do it

rally also gave some good advice, think of your room like your brain. if you are REALLY busy i wouldn't suggest wasting time going through your room cleaning it like a madman when there are more important things to be done but, at least from my experience; a clean room helps me focus more on whats important, it also helps with your mood a stuff ton