How do I make different weapon animation for 1st and 3rd person?

Author Topic: How do I make different weapon animation for 1st and 3rd person?  (Read 2991 times)

/title

I'm using milkshape if it matters

you could probably change the position of the camera instead, I don't think you can do that.

you could use this tutorial for ironsights to figure it out

you could probably change the position of the camera instead, I don't think you can do that.

you could use this tutorial for ironsights to figure it out
I mean so one animation is different when looking from 3rd person than what you see in 1st. In this case the reloading animation.

Pretty sure this has something to do with LODs. IIRC you can set LODs in milkshape by adding a number onto the end of each shape, like 0-3. Some LODs are only visible in first person and some are only visible in third person

bump

I have tried to work it out with the LODs, but no matter what I do the model that I have assigned to be 3rd person shows on both third and first person.

i think you need two models overlapping each other. one model has the first person animation and the oter has the third person. then you set the change the LOD of the two models. idk the exact values tho

Conans winchester shotgun does that, import it and see how he did it https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=303908.0

Okay so I was able to get it working. The problem was that I had named the different meshes the same, as in 3rd person model I named the wooden parts "wood" and in the 1st person model the wooden parts with the same name. After changing the names it started working.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:27:33 PM by c[_] »