Author Topic: JVS Doors are Broken... I'll explain in the desc.  (Read 1612 times)

In Blockland, the JVS doors work... well... sorta. It's hard to explain, but I'll try to explain it.

The door works as expected, but sounds are messed up. When the door closes, it plays the door open sound. When I go into the events, the OnDoorClose, the sound is selected as DoorClose.wav (or whatever it is). So why doesn't it play it?

When I do OnDoorClose events, they don't trigger. Any idea what the problem is or what the conflict is?

I believe the door events only work with the new .blb doors

.blb doors? You mean the default doors in the game? Because those don't really work with it.

But anyways, the doors are broken.

I believe the door events only work with the new .blb doors
Doorclose and open are jvs events.

But anyways, the doors are broken.
JVS has become broken over the years. You should consider switching to blb (the default doors) due to their numerous advantages over them, the most significant being not having a massive problem with loading like JVS does.

I see. But what if I want them to do something when they open or when they close?

That, and is it possible to mute that door sound? If I do playsound using JVS door sounds it works, but I can still hear that click sound the blb doors makes.

I see. But what if I want them to do something when they open or when they close?

That, and is it possible to mute that door sound? If I do playsound using JVS door sounds it works, but I can still hear that click sound the blb doors makes.
you can't do that, but the click is a lot better than the longer door noises anyways

you can edit your copy of system_doors, or make an addon packaging the function, to remove the sound.

if you absolutely insist on using jvs, you can enable legacy doors (default system/server mod) and the jvs content you want.