Author Topic: onActivate is Admin only?  (Read 1131 times)

/title

I feel like some mod is breaking it. Does anyone have a list of mods that can or do break it?

I haven't seen that problem for ages.  I don't remember what causes it, but I can confirm that it exists and you're not crazy.

This problem came about when badspot updated the event system to allow for admin-only events by default.  The field he started using was used by other non-default add-ons to do something else.  afaik

I haven't seen that problem for ages.  I don't remember what causes it, but I can confirm that it exists and you're not crazy.

This problem came about when badspot updated the event system to allow for admin-only events by default.  The field he started using was used by other non-default add-ons to do something else.  afaik
It was a field that actually previously did nothing. People assumed it was for appending the client, but that wasn't needed for input events. It was only for output events.

/title

I feel like some mod is breaking it. Does anyone have a list of mods that can or do break it?
Any add-on that adds extra targets to onActivate could be the potential one breaking it.

I've had this problem a few years back, and it seems that Event_Owner had broken it for me.

Any add-on that adds extra targets to onActivate could be the potential one breaking it.
Damn I forgot I posted this topic.

I've had this problem a few years back, and it seems that Event_Owner had broken it for me.
This was the answer. You'd think that it would've been fixed by now, but w/e.

Thanks guys!