Molten needs a headset or mic

Author Topic: Molten needs a headset or mic  (Read 2618 times)

I need a mic or headset so that I can talk to people. Cheaper the better but I don't want to sound like I'm chewing on a sock. For a mic one that comes with a small stand and doesn't require a boom is preferred. I'd prefer headsets to be split plugs so I don't have to find a splitter to go with it. I will sacrifice headset audio output if it means better input.

Hell yeah, locking thread

i use a logitech g430 because its the only headset that doesn't physically hurt my ears. (it wraps completely around your ears which is nice). its got a nice mic quality and it comes with a little usb dongle that connects both input and output to a usb device. ive been using this one for years now and i still love it

also it has surround sound (which i never really use since i use a custom sound driver that isnt compatible with it). its younger brother, the g230 is basically the same thing without surround sound and much cheaper. i had this one too very very long ago but the sides of them cracked within months of using it, i dont know if its made more cheaply than the g430 or i just got much better with handling my equipment over the years because i havent had the same problem with my g430.

i have hyperx cloud alphas. the mic quality is superb and has a degree of noise cancellation. the plug is modular. you can either plug it straight into a 3.5mm jack or with the included adapter, you can split into into individual headphone and microphone jacks.

there's always the snowball mics by blue. they're pricier than other microphones, but it's got great sound quality, especially when paired with the free voicemeeter banana software. it's a desk microphone so you can use headsets without microphones (the best kind IMO)--i personally use my blue snowball ice with an ath-m50x by audio-technica

headsets are a death sentence nowadays
mostly because of people micspamming earrape idiots who use that one voice changer to hide there childish voice
and mostly the reason why people still say "rip headphone users"

your better off with a mic and your default speakers

headsets are a death sentence nowadays
mostly because of people micspamming earrape idiots who use that one voice changer to hide there childish voice
and mostly the reason why people still say "rip headphone users"

kek?

i got mine a couple years ago, so idk if they still do this - i went to staples and was liking the looks of a 60 headset. an employee told me if i could find one on amazon for a lower price they'll pay at that price. so i ended up finding one on my phone for 30 bucks and bought the staples one for that amount.

pls use headphones nobody wants to hear your speakers over VOIP

i got mine a couple years ago, so idk if they still do this - i went to staples and was liking the looks of a 60 headset. an employee told me if i could find one on amazon for a lower price they'll pay at that price. so i ended up finding one on my phone for 30 bucks and bought the staples one for that amount.
best buy also does price checking, great way to go if you're looking to buy from a retailer
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:06:10 PM by Remurr »

I have the Etekcity Scroll H5GX headset, idk if they still sell it but the mic quality is loving amazing, it's a $20 headset too

I'll record a voice sample tomorrow, PM me something to say or w/e

i have hyperx cloud alphas. the mic quality is superb and has a degree of noise cancellation. the plug is modular. you can either plug it straight into a 3.5mm jack or with the included adapter, you can split into into individual headphone and microphone jacks.
i have hyperx cloud 2, can def recommend it

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Headsets/VOID-Wireless-Dolby-7-1-RGB-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011132-NA this one is alright

can agree although downloading the headset drivers for this one specifically has been VERY problematic for me at the very least, you might not experience such problems though

i don't remember having any issues with mine

although i do remember this other corsair set i bought and ended up returning because the drivers did not exist on the internet so don't get that one