13 (21%)
4 (6.5%)
2 (3.2%)
2 (3.2%)
0 (0%)
past the point that they would realistically be called "kids/teens/etc."
4 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: at what age should kids have phones/ipads  (Read 2170 times)

4. They'll be exposed as soon as they get on the computer in kindergarten so letting them go free on the internet and get a headstart is important to making them responsible for themselves in the future.

sorta agree with unova, but in all honestly there just gonna be going on stuff like razkids and whatnot so i think they should only start with phones around 10 years old, but getting started and used to computers at 4
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:43:25 PM by Darth C3P0² »

probably around 12 if i had kids. they'd get a flip phone at 8 that can only call and text family with. let kids be kids for a while and not let them be distracted by technology.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:03:02 PM by hillkill »

the age where they know how to loving use one

probably 14. once they're old enough to make educated decisions while not being influenced or addicted to video games or texting and stuff i'll give it to em

until them nah. using computers at a young age basically builds addiction and correlates with bad behavior

I'd say 13, I got a phone when I was 12 since I starting going to a school across a bridge, so I needed some sort of portable contact with my parents. Other than that, forget no.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:09:28 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

14 because of what goodperry said plus the fact that if someone didnt have internet at that age they probably wouldnt understand half the stuff people say

I don't really think there is a "catch-all" perfect age for something like this, would I give my 7 year old kid their own phone? Probably not, mainly because I doubt they'd really have a use for one, but I'm fairly confident I could at least teach them the basic nuances of how to safely use one so that when they do need one I won't have to needlessly worry about what they're doing with it.

Much like love and drug talks it all boils down to what you as a parent are capable of teaching your children.

14/15 but with the stipulation that they're not allowed on social media until they're 18 years old.

12, but in specific instances id give it to them earlier

i got a phone when i was 13 and didn't start using it in the middle of class until i was 15 so

i got a flip phone at 12 and didnt get a smart phone until i was 15 i dont see why parents give these little kids smart phones its damaging their brains

im 16 and have never owned a phone