Author Topic: Erik Johnson says Valve will stop barring games from the Steam Store  (Read 6879 times)

when are we getting AAA vr love titles

read it as Erik Cassel and thought he moved to steam from the dead wtf

if you wanna make ur steam store 99% better just do this
This, everything valve is doing is great

valve got redpilled epic style

yet we still have a bunch of stuffty joke parody games on there
to be fair they're not really "troll" games

a troll game would be something deliberately made to offend/disgust people, while those are more to just rake in suckers who want in on the joke.

yet we still have a bunch of stuffty joke parody games on there
they said they'd make way better and more accessible means of filtering out games you don't wanna see, so i doubt you'd be seeing those if you didn't want to
i also haven't seen many in the first place that weren't explicitly pointed out to me so, eh

I legit don't see a problem with it. there's always gonna be stuff in the world that you don't like. better to just get used to it than demand companies change their policies to better suit you

I legit don't see a problem with it. there's always gonna be stuff in the world that you don't like. better to just get used to it than demand companies change their policies to better suit you

bad mindset

I dont know if anyone besides the creators of visually assaulting content wants this stuff on the steam store. It'd be easier to sell it on itch.io if you want your richardgirl slave visual novels where people won't ridicule them. The people who do want them are a vocal minority of people who are actually degenerate in every sense of the term.

Who wants to go to their steam friends list and seeing that one dude you always talk to with 20 hours on "Mutiny Gender Bender Dna Twister Extreme Furry Hentai Hyperrooster Edition" straight? Hell, would any of you want your friends to see what you're playing? It'd be easier to go to newgrounds or itchio to sell this stuff, because the only shame you get is paying for stuffty eroge. I know any sane person would prefer that route.

Funny, I would expect all the "free market anti-PC" people on the forum would be all over this stuff. You got what you wanted! Steam isn't censoring you!

what's quality control? lol
To that I have to say this. They let the users decide what goes on, users got pissed. They forced the devs to pay a fee to get on, users got pissed. They decide "forget it we're doing it ourselves", users got pissed. Literally everything they do to try to quality control what gets put on ends up pissing users off, imo this is the best solution.

I don't get why people are so upset.
Nobody is forcing you to pay for or download a game with a 10% rating
Garbage games will probably stay off the main page anyways

I dont know if anyone besides the creators of visually assaulting content wants this stuff on the steam store.
steam, because they get more money and again probably steam, because when users are able to regulate what they want to see they finally don't have to deal with this whole "who gets on" bullstuff