The big question thread: what do you call soda?

Poll

What do you call soda

Soda
33 (61.1%)
Pop
11 (20.4%)
Coke
2 (3.7%)
Other
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: The big question thread: what do you call soda?  (Read 5677 times)

stop drinking soda

soda: correct
pop: you sound like a hick but whatever, that's your opinion and I respect that
coke: you're loving wrong. do you realize how ambiguous that is? coke is a specific drink, a cola manufactured by the coca-cola corporation. if you say "coke," how do I know whether you mean an actual coke, or if you're just dumb and using it to refer to all soda? would you call all animals giraffes? would you call every fruit an apple? no? then why the forget would you do that with soda you dipstuff

soda: correct
pop: you sound like a hick but whatever, that's your opinion and I respect that
coke: you're loving wrong. do you realize how ambiguous that is? coke is a specific drink, a cola manufactured by the coca-cola corporation. if you say "coke," how do I know whether you mean an actual coke, or if you're just dumb and using it to refer to all soda? would you call all animals giraffes? would you call every fruit an apple? no? then why the forget would you do that with soda you dipstuff

I live in the bible belt, where "coke" is supposedly used, but to be honest I've never heard anyone use it like that. if you say "coke" people are gonna think you mean coca cola, or as a stretch maybe like off-brand versions. but it could never mean sprite or grape soda or anything like that, or even pepsi
it's just soda mostly I think. definitely not "pop" tho, idk what kinda freak ass mother forgeters say that

around my family i call it pop cus that's just how it be here, otherwise i call it soda cus it makes more sense

but i usually just call it by its brand anyway
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:20:13 AM by gr8dayseth »

this thread reminds me that singaporeans have weird names for stuff
soda > soft drinks
rock paper scissors > scissors paper stone
trashcan/garbage can > dustbin
??

i used to call it soda like a neanderthal but then i learnt the true intellectual name for it, strogel. strogel juice.

this thread reminds me that singaporeans have weird names for stuff
soda > soft drinks
"soft drinks" isn't weird, that's what they are

just call it battery acid

In Australia, we usually call them soft drinks, or softies.

lmao

you guys dont even know what true lemonade is so you're exempt from this conversation

I call all sodas raging waters