how did you guys discover video games?

Author Topic: how did you guys discover video games?  (Read 4437 times)

got an ipad before i was 5

learned to swear too

how old are you???

why would I use my fingers when I have dragon carrots?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:07:22 PM by hillkill »

my parents got me like a 10 in 1 educational games bundle for their pc when i was like 3 or 4. came with a little thing that you put over the keyboard so it pressed one key to make 50 gorillion buttons less confusing for a toddler.

as for my first real games that i remember vividly, rollercoaster tycoon. i remember even playing it in the hospital while my mom was pregnant with my little brother
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:59:54 PM by Ragequit »

my parents got me like a 10 in 1 educational games bundle for their pc when i was like 3 or 4. came with a little thing that you put over the keyboard so it pressed one key to make 50 buttons less confusing for a toddler.
basically same

played some groovy ass elmo game on the ps1

parents bought my brother and i a gamecube and a few games when we moved to georgia to give us something to do

gamecube and mk:dd.
this was how i was introduced to games, hanging off the back of a kart with only 3 buttons to press with my dad actually driving
we played a lot of games together
my dad's a cool dad

among other games i played when i was a kid were Spyro (i think it was the first one), Jet Moto 2, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario Sunshine, Wario World, The Hobbit, Lego Star Wars, Pokemon, and a bunch of old arcade games on that one plug and play that I think a lot of people had. Bosconian, Rally X, Pac-Man, etc.

I really liked Rally X and got to play it again recently - one of those gajillion-in-one machines with a malfunctioning screen and almost no sound. Suffice it to say that it wasn't what I remembered but wasn't horribly disappointing

The Wii was a gift from either my mom or grandparents when I was 4, with my first games being Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Mario Kart Wii. Those were the stuff.

My parents had an N64 and my brother and I would play LOZ:Orcarina of Time and. Lego Racers constantly as well as DK 64. Since my mind is somewhat socially underdeveloped, I don't remember my exact first time playing videogames.

this was how i was introduced to games, hanging off the back of a kart with only 3 buttons to press with my dad actually driving
we played a lot of games together
my dad's a cool dad

i tried to get my dad to play games with me. i tried to get him to play double dash with me in bomb-omb blast but he didn't like it too much. that's the only time i remember playing video games with him lol.

my parents had a snes, and I remember donkey Kong country being really fun, ps2 was also a big part, the pacman world games were fun

most likely something off of wildtanget considering it was bundled with the original vista install my first pc had
YO my mom's vista laptop had that wt wrap, it was like a grey or blue logo with a green W, never used it, ever. dunno anything about it looked and still looks like suspicious adware

wii and xbox 360 in living room. games. sister (?) hands me controller. a future of vidya gaems ensues.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:38:38 AM by maxymax13 »

gta 3 on my dads laptop, cars on my stepbrother’s gamecube, and twisted metal black on his ps2

some cd rom games when i was very young then got a ps2 when i was 6

I won't answer for console gaming but for pc gaming we had stuff like the lemmings and other cd rom games, but I remember when vista rolled around played the stuff out of purble place and eventually I bought the ship simulator games, then I found roblox, blockland, got steam, etc.

NES and SNES were my parents’ go to babysitter.