Current state of floating city 5

Poll

How should I do it

Host it anyways but have someone chosen do the dedicated moderating.
12 (31.6%)
Host it as-is even though I wont be there most of the time.
3 (7.9%)
Wait to host it later in the year when I'll be free to.
20 (52.6%)
Other. (Explain)
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Current state of floating city 5  (Read 2531 times)

I plan on doing floating city again this year and I plan on making it the last year I'll ever host it (at least on blockland *wink wink*).

I've always had so much free time in the past because I haven't been in school/working in august when I usually host it, but that's not the case this time. The server requires a lot of maintenance and a huge majority of the day to moderate it, but my work schedule is really tight and I probably wont be there 70% of the time. I do have some friends who are admins moderating but a lot of the time there are things I need done specifically that they don't know what to do.

I can think of three things I could do, I could just host it anyways but maybe things might not go very smoothly. I could pick someone who is willing to be there a majority of the day and they are knowledgeable to how I usually operate. Or I could just wait until later in the year (Maybe october or november) when I'll be available. If you guys have any ideas do tell. Or if you think i should just scrap it this year cause the whole idea sucks anyways? (big brain move)

i mean as far as i know a lot of people really enjoyed me hosting this the past couple of years, i wouldn't want this last year to end badly. tell me what you think.

(at least on blockland *wink wink*).
see you on minecraft

whatever you do don't scrap it

host it however you want but
whatever you do don't scrap it

host it later so i can procrastinate working on the mods you need longer

host it later so i can procrastinate working on the mods you need longer
yeah thats another thing. i planned a lot of cool stuff to do this year that you guys would be really impressed with. i probably wouldn't be able to get it done now but if we did it later in the year you guys could get a better experience.

heres a thought: what if you hosted it on the week of dec 31

With a countdown clock?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

whats the verdict here cause im gonna make a decision soon

holy stuff i remember this
you should allow the server to come up when an administrator logs in, and then maybe 2 days a week it is down for maintenance or whatever

give it to conan since hes my dad

whats the verdict here cause im gonna make a decision soon
do it december 31 no balls host it when ur free since im tied up in a class and two bl projects rn

host later into the year as i enjoy server hosting that has quality over quantity

host later into the year as i enjoy server hosting that has quality over quantity
this is probably the best idea as long as college doesn't get in the way