[Vehicle] Passenger train

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Passenger train  (Read 6148 times)

I made a passenger train a while ago, decided to fix it up and release it.
As some of you may know by now I'm something of a train enthusiast so it's quite detailed and accurate to real life.
The passenger train is a 3-car Stadler FLIRT-3, in NS (Dutch railways) livery. Google it for comparison.
I tried my best to make it look both true to real life, yet kind of blocky and with a reasonable polycount (total at around 21k, which is like two detailed cars like Filipe makes).

Features
  • The doors open if you click the little buttons on them. All doors on one side open at once when you do this (you cannot walk inside the train, but you will mount if you walk 'into' the doors).
  • Seats 16 blockheads (driver+conductor+14 passengers).
  • You can just barely fit under it if you crouch to prevent getting run over.
  • Teleports itself back on track if derailed.
  • Type /togglebell to toggle the bell.
  • Click to sound the horn.

Tips
This train does not follow track. It goes forwards and backwards only. This add-on will not be changed to be able to do that unless you yourself are willing to put the coding effort required into it.
Put it on a 7 wide track. It will probably break if you put it on a 6 stud wide track. This is an example of a 7 stud wide track:

Some renders and in-game screenshots:

Some credit to Uxie for code and sounds from the steam train add-on.

Download

THIS ADD-ON REQUIRES INTERACTIVE VEHICLE SUPPORT
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=163

Add-on itself:
Blockland glass

Do not ask me to make a specific livery of this train, because I won't. The .blend is all yours to try for yourself though, so you can PM me should you want that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:53:31 PM by TheArmyGuy »

:O this is very nice, well done!

oh stuff this is the bomb

stuff man, about time. I've been wanting a train for my lego island.

somebody host a server where you just stay in this train as somebody drives it

somebody host a server where you just stay in this train as somebody drives it
It reaches the early farlands in around 30 mins from normal spawn point actually.

holy stuff i didnt realize you actually got this forgetin ingame and working wtf

Finally a vehicle that ISNT A CAR AND IS A TRAIN THAT DOESN'T SUCK

This is gr8 and all but when can we get a train that turns?

GOD I CANT WAIT TO CRASH THESE INTO EACHOTHER

This is gr8 and all but when can we get a train that turns?
This add-on will not be changed to be able to do that unless you yourself are willing to put the coding effort required into it.

Does this work with the train mod can it be moved on its own?