Author Topic: I hosted a server and it started lagging horribly minutes in.  (Read 2240 times)

Before I start, I've hosted before. Some getting about 6-16 Players. With only a tiny visible change in lag.

I decided to host a server, (A Boring fortwars server. Just with a staticmap bedroom.) But then my server was getting tanked to hell 10 Minutes in. It got so bad that my blockland.exe Crashed.
Some people were saying someone was ddosing the server. I'm guessing it was Pino.

And another question, When you host a server from your PC (Non-Dedicated), Does it go to the master server or your own
wi-fi router?

See att'd file for Console.log.

You only have 4GB of RAM. That could be your problem.

Try hosting dedicated. Hosting either method will still go to the master server and will use your router along with the same IP address. The only difference is that dedicated could be left on 24/7 without you being there and has its own console.

Like I said, I've hosted before and moments have gotten chaotic without visible change.

well you were using the staticmap bedroom map, so that'd probably have a big ass impact on performance. Especially when a player tumbles. I used to use a intergrated gpu (Intel G41 Express Chipset) and hosting bedroom was impossible.

Try hosting dedicated. Hosting either method will still go to the master server and will use your router along with the same IP address. The only difference is that dedicated could be left on 24/7 without you being there and has its own console.

4gb of ram for blockland is perfectly fine
bl dosnt even use more than 2gb due to engine limits

trust me ive done it alot before and it works just fine

well you were using the staticmap bedroom map, so that'd probably have a big ass impact on performance. Especially when a player tumbles. I used to use a intergrated gpu (Intel G41 Express Chipset) and hosting bedroom was impossible.

yeah most static maps are optimized like loving stuff and will run like ass on any system

4gb of ram for blockland is perfectly fine
bl dosnt even use more than 2gb due to engine limits

trust me ive done it alot before and it works just fine
Sorry not everyone is a smart addon picker like me and you. Kongs dedicated server hit 2.5GB before so that's definitely wrong (150 addons enabled with 100k bricks with high ghosting table) - also remember that non-dedicated accounts both meaning if you have a lot of addons and a lot of bricks it can definitely go up to 4GB of RAM. Depending on your ghost limit that's another reason why RAM usage is also pretty high based on players and bricks. Lowering ghost table (if you don't use that many bricks) can definitely reduce RAM usage between bricks and players.

yeah most static maps are optimized like loving stuff and will run like ass on any system
That's also false, you would need a lot of static shapes for that to even happen. Did you know bricks are actually from static shape classes (of course they are slightly more optimized)?

Of course if have integrated graphics never mind about response #2.

i mean, once i got an actual gpu the maps ran fast. Bedroom and Bathroom were both the laggiest still. but playable