Author Topic: Zombieland - Coming soon!  (Read 2264 times)

Zombieland? What is it?
Zombieland is a server I have been working on for a few days with a friend. It is a large rainy, forested area utilizing Endless Zombies by Gravity Cat. My goal with this was to create an Endless Zombies server with a bit of exploration/adventure in the mix, to make it a bit more engaging than just plain Endless Zombies. The players spawn in an area on one side of the map, and start with only a pistol. Your immediate goal is to explore the forest and find shelter with friends, and even more crucial; find better weapons as the undead horde goes from fleeing in terror from their inevitable slaughter, to you facing unstoppable minions of hell who have never known defeat and laugh in demonic tongues at your efforts to survive. ok its not that hard, but its a little harder than other endless zombie servers

The Traders
The traders are merchants stranded in Zombieland much like you who are willing to sell you better armaments, at a price. The weaponpack I'm using is Londo by Jeprimer, but with new sounds a friend of mine made. You won't have to download the pack to hear the new sounds, you should hear them yourself on the server. The weapons are all valuable, having specific upsides and downsides to them. I intended to stylize the traders based on the weapons they're selling, so you aren't wandering shop to shop with little to no idea what you'll find in the shop. I'll list screenshots at the end of the topic.

Derelict Trader:

The Derelict trader is pretty much your starter shop in Zombieland. He sells the cheapest weapons but also least desirable weapons, but they're better than just the pistol you start with. He offers (names correlate to picture order):

Derelict Shotgun, Derelict Rifle

Colonist Trader

The Colonist trader sells weapons that are a direct upgrade from the Derelict weapons, and he sells a larger variety of weapons. He offers:

Colonist Pistol, Colonist SMG, Colonist Shotgun, Colonist Rifle, Colonist MG

Marine Trader

The Marine trader sells weapons that are sought after due to their firepower and long range capabilities. He offers:

Marine Pistol, Marine Rifle, Marine Scattergun, Marine Scout Rifle, Marine Flamethrower

Mole Trader

The Mole trader sells "tools" that are intended for use with mining, but they also work as high power AND EXPLOSIVE guns. He offers:

Mole Blaster, Mole Detonator

Alien Trader

The Alien trader sells weapons from another world, ancient technology that has special properties other weapons don't have; bouncy blaster shots! He offers:

Artifact Blaster, Artifact Bow, Artifact Ring

Stealth Trader

The Stealth trader sells top secret, highly valuable weapons using state of art technology. He offers:

Stealth Rifle, Stealth Sonicizer, Stealth Vibroblade

Screenshots

Credits to me for building, and to my friend for building and the new weapon sounds. Not sure who made the trees, they're a template from a save my friend had.

As of the time I wrote this topic, the server should be ready in the next day or two. I guess just discuss how the server looks as of thus far, and pitch any criticism/ideas my way too! I'm not sure how often I'll host yet, and if I'll need moderation. If you're interested in moderation either way, feel free to tell me here and we can talk about it.

looks promising, might play it

By the way I highly recommend using at least low shaders on this server, because then you'll see the fog and it'll make the game a little more intense. If you don't, finding places will be a lot easier (it isnt that hard anyway)

Looks pretty awesome. I miss zombie horde servers honestly especially Gravity Cats version, I loved the map in that one.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:52:49 PM by cooolguy32 »

Looks pretty awesome. I miss zombie horde servers honestly especially Gravity Cats version, I loved the map in that one.
I have the map but not the weapon spawns Gravity Cat had - I tried hosting it but nobody joined.

i feel if i walked far enough down the dirt road
i would reach another road that would lead to a town
in the middle of nowhere

sorry I said "bad" earlier, that was mean