7 (14%)
Hell
3 (6%)
Infinity
8 (16%)
Respawn at the hospital
24 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Where do we go when we die?  (Read 3220 times)

Been thinking really hard about this one. Still haven't figured it out so I need the opinion of the people.

I like to believe there is some kind of afterlife but I really just believe our corpse just decays as time moves on.

you just respawn as someone else

or just respawn at a random hospital anywhere

the blockland forums

you get reborn as bedpost, the hottest circle of dante's hell

As an athiest, I can't say something without having proof of it. However, there is no (current) way of finding out what happens at death, except for going through it (but then they can't tell us, 'cause they'd be dead).

According to Pascal's wager it's in everyone's best interest to believe that there is a divine judge and a heaven. You have nothing to lose by believing in god, but have infinite gains

Willingly believing in the fact that there's nothing after death is dumb. Sure it's a fact, but the truth hurts so why the hell would you subject yourself to needless pain?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:08:29 PM by PhantOS »

when you die, your body usually is cremated or buried. im kinda surprised you don't know this already.....?

heaven, we're all gonna become lil angels :)

According to Pascal's wager it's in everyone's best interest to believe that there is a divine judge and a heaven. You have nothing to lose by believing in god, but have infinite gains

Willingly believing in the fact that there's nothing after death is dumb. Sure it's a fact, but the truth hurts so why the hell would you subject yourself to needless pain?

I'd rather pick the right but painful path than pick the wrong but painless path.

And about Pascal's wager, it's a double-edged sword. If you have a moral compass, then you reinforce it, but if you DON'T have a moral compass (like a lot of people currently), then you can justify all sorts of things, like murder and torture. This is why religions have such a wide effect on society, sometimes helping and sometimes hurting.

in a world of pure imagination