Blockhead (with beta arms and legs)
1 (10%)
Original Burning Man
8 (80%)
Other (Vote and specify)
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 14, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

Author Topic: Blockland Burning Man 2018 | Cancelled  (Read 3466 times)

What is this? (Summary of Burning Man & The Event)
Burning Man is a place in the middle of nowhere, A city in the desert. A culture of possibility. A network of dreamers and doers. Where beautiful anarchy spawns in, and where creativity shines. Just like the Electric Daisy Carnival, Burning Man is one of the big events that are currently happening and will be happening by the end of August and beginning of September. I decided that I would like to host an event to commemorate our creative community and make use of some of the best we have to offer. So, I'm beginning creation and production of the Burning Man 2018 event. I currently am the only one working on this and I plan to continue working on this a bit further, possibly finalizing a dedicated host by the beginning of August. Statement is now obsolete, we have a dedicated server up and running and we are currently working on this at a fast pace. We expect to possibly start the event by the middle of August.

STAFF
Bedpost (230070) - Host/Builder/Chief
GreenBH (181263) - Eventer/Builder
InhumanThree1 (46183) - Moderation/Testing
Warzone(197321) - Moderation

Interested in joining? Send a forum PM or contact me on Discord at Smoke#2801

Any more information?
We have a Discord where you can communicate and get announcements when we can't get on BLF. I am also on Blockland Glass, you can find me in the general chat possibly.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:12:14 AM by Roulé »

It's interesting to see bedposts strange obsessions shift from outdated 90s rap to weird untitled hipster house music and alternative stuff. Can't wait for him to spearhead some hotline Miami Radiohead megafest

is this gonna be like your olympics or is it actually going to happen

is this gonna be like your olympics or is it actually going to happen
It's actually going to happen, already got a team. If you're interested you could join.

wtf do you need a team for bitch you just build a giant wooden stick figure and light it on fire

wtf do you need a team for bitch you just build a giant wooden stick figure and light it on fire
Moderation and other stuff like building it and eventing it. OF course I can just use the FireMod, but it might get too overloaded! :cookieMonster:

for the ACTUAL burning man
we should build a statue of badspots old avatar and then burn it

Update #1 - 7/12/18
  • New moderator : Warzone
  • Statue concepts and burning tests are ongoing. (We are testing with FireMod)
  • We will begin a design contest soon.

Update #1 - 7/12/18
  • New moderator : Warzone
  • Statue concepts and burning tests are ongoing. (We are testing with FireMod)
  • We will begin a design contest soon.
Waaarzoone waaarzoone waarzoone waaarzoone

someone makes fake little dustdevils

Update #2 - 7/13/18
  • Third effigy built.
  • New map built for spawn.
  • Port-a-potties placed, restocked with no toilet paper.
  • Small-time eventing for some of the effigy, for testing purposes.
  • Entrance concept built.

We can't decide on an effigy, we will be starting a poll on what effigy we should use, as well as provide pictures of each effigy for you to decide.

Here are the concepts...

Left to right : Stick man Effigy, Blockhead effigy, Burning Man effigy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:52:32 PM by Roulé »