[Scenario] Blockland becomes Free to Play.

Author Topic: [Scenario] Blockland becomes Free to Play.  (Read 3228 times)

What do you do?

I'd probably make a blockland cult and only allow members in a bunker server.

Also, If it does happen? I'm 5000% Sure that microtransactions will be added.
Hatmod_p2p & Hatmod_f2p when?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:52:13 AM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

we'd actually probably be better off, assuming this also comes with the requirement to link accounts to steam. the higher numbers of people attacking the master server, or exploiting bugs in the code, would result in more updates from badspot to fix the issues, and probably spur other minor but useful changes to modding, as well as additional bugfixes.

there's also the potential for the hat update to be finished/written, and monetization through that system.

I'd probably abandon the forum for good tbh

Maybe the forum would:
A. Spiral into chaos
B. Regroup and retaliate
C. Badspot implements E-Tard filter

I would honestly enjoy it because we would have more players. On the down side alts on the forum would run rampant unless badspot implements an IP ban, and even that wont really stop anything.

i'd leave and never look back

probably keep playing ???

seems like it makes the most sense. the game isn't popular enough to attract new people at a decent rate, and most people that are interested already seem to have a hard time finding good content to spend their time on. making the entry cost zero would give more people the opportunity to get into it, and more people means, eventually, more creators that can attract more people.

just add hat lootboxes to make up for the gate cost. could also hook that into main adventure mode by having a wheel of fortune type thing for loot

Badspot would make more money if it were f2p.

All those micro transactions.

As long as people who actually paid for a key get some sort of special treatment or items I'm fine with it.

F2P =/= Microtransactions

As long as people who actually paid for a key get some sort of special treatment or items I'm fine with it.
This message Requires Blockland GOLD to view.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:49:35 AM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

forget me, I just made a topic about this in GD like five minutes ago and then I saw this.

oh well

Still loving free to play.
but free to play doesn't always include micro transactions, watch your mouth young man