[NEWS] Pretend You're Xyzzy has shut down until further notice

Author Topic: [NEWS] Pretend You're Xyzzy has shut down until further notice  (Read 3507 times)

Never mind, the servers are going down potentially for good in a few minutes. This is no longer worth the effort and risk on my end to maintain. I'm not at liberty to provide details at this time, but one person ruined it for everyone.
*IF* these servers come back, and that's a big if, there will be *no* chat whatsoever, and fill-in-the-blank cards will be disabled. I'm not even going to think about it until at least this weekend. I may also link to other servers people run, but again, not until this weekend.
https://twitter.com/_PYX_/status/1019701048728961024

Rest in peace the internet's favorite Cards Against Humanity game

A bigger, blacker richard.

rose better be hosting Cards against blockhead then

Wow...
Even card games are taking in Nintendo/EA policies.
richardheads.

F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F
THIS IS THE REAL NEWS I COME HERE FOR

Wow...
richardheads.

They took down their servers because someone found and exploited an SQL injection to hell and back. They won't publicly say this because they don't want to give anyone validation. The only richardhead here is you.

They took down their servers because someone found and exploited an SQL injection to hell and back. They won't publicly say this because they don't want to give anyone validation. The only richardhead here is you.
did they not have backups or anything? why'd they have to take it down indefinitely?

did they not have backups or anything? why'd they have to take it down indefinitely?

They're probably pissed off over the injection and don't want to deal with it right now.

Wow...
richardheads.
why do you literally blame every single thing in the universe except the person who is actually responsible for a crime?

That's what they want you to think, it's part of the NDA that they were forced to sign, fake a reason to shut it down so it doesn't look like the creators of CAH shut PYX down.

at least tabletop simulator is a thing

That's what they want you to think, it's part of the NDA that they were forced to sign, fake a reason to shut it down so it doesn't look like the creators of CAH shut PYX down.

Good luck with this delusion, champ. The SQL injection was with blank cards because nobody practices sanitation in web design anymore anyways. I'm surprised it took this long to get abused.

at least tabletop simulator is a thing
Tabletop simulator isn't free, and it needs a relatively decent pc to run.
This was basically CAH for when you were at school, and near a computer.

...what??

You allow yourself to believe a conspiracy, everything becomes easier to see as one big trick.