The "Mainstream Media" Stigma

Poll

Do you trust, CNN, NBC, ABC, or FOX?

Yes
No

Author Topic: The "Mainstream Media" Stigma  (Read 2262 times)

The "Mainstream Media" Stigma

It has become quite apparent that many people will immediately dismiss a news source if it isn't CNN, NBC, ABC, or Fox. I don't understand why, after lie after lie, from sources like CNN, NBC, ABC, and fox, not only do people trust these sources, they outright dismiss other sources that are not these Mainstream Television sources.

Do you truly believe these TV Sources are not only reliable and reputable, but they are above being criticized or even losing their credibility?

/discuss

are you lord tony now
Tony may take it to an extreme, but his point isn't wrong. Users immediately come in and dismiss threads and posts if they aren't from the sources listed above, without reason usually.

ive actually never met a single person that doesn’t trust non-mainstream sources. just boatloads of people charged against this nonexistent demographic

I stopped posting sources because if it isn't an ABC, CNN, FOX, etc source they loving dismiss the thread entirely.

Better off making them google their own loving source.

let’s be honest here, tony. google is more mainstream than any other media hundredfold. are you supporting the spread of mainstream media usage?

let’s be honest here, tony. google is more mainstream than any other media hundredfold. are you supporting the spread of mainstream media usage?

Google still displays less mainstream choices.

So no, it's not.

(Comcast owns NBCUniversal, which is an investor in Vox Media, which owns this site.) Today the company announced it has 22.5 million TV subscribers and 25.1 million broadband subs.

Google currently has seven unique products with over one billion monthly active users each.
i dunno tony...google looks pretty mainstream to me

NEWS: Mainstream media is mainstream, Master Matthew shocked

As a paid employee of CNN, I fully support the MSM and I think you should get all your media from it

Can't even post a PJW vid without people stuffting on it because it's not CNN.

the page for him on knowyourmeme is more substantial than his wikipedia article

it's less the fact that you are posting a video from a source which lies and exaggerates at a higher rate than other news agencies and it's more about the fact that literally no one wants to listen to your bullstuff videos whether you like it or not

Tony claims he hates fake news but he also claims all the forumers want sources from CNN and other mainstream places.

I'd like to see proof though.