Anyone else here buys vinyl records?

Author Topic: Anyone else here buys vinyl records?  (Read 1190 times)

I got into it recently because I bought floral shoppe for a meme (I didnt even have a turntable back then) but now I have one and im kind of liking the "hobby"
Also where can I geat cheapo records that isnt discogs or ebay? (Not like I dont use them, I just want more sources)
/discuss
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:48:12 PM by espio100 »

thrift stores/ flea markets/ local record shops are the best places to get albums for cheap
you usually wont get anything good but sometimes you get lucky and find some cool stuff
but discogs is really the best place to get records

my friend does he has every single dg one

Local record stores are the way to go, I always find things I wasn't looking for but they end up being some of my favorite albums. you'll find more affordable prices and you won't need to pay shipping either. and I've always had good experiences making conversation with the people in the store, it's easy to get recommendations that way. (I collect CDs, vinyl is expensive as hell over time, but I do envy the huge artwork and colored vinyl which CDs lack)

Keep an eye on places ebay, also pawn shops, thrift stores, and record stores (if there are any around). Also check garage/yard sales, and flea markets.

Most of the interesting records in stores around here get bought out pretty quick, but some classical records usually get left behind and I'll grab them. It's usually dependent on when you get there and just luck.

I bought Anais Mitchell's Hadestown new thought. I also always keep an eye out for a good deal on classic rock or some new vinyls.

I need a better turntable though.

What is the best turntable in the market?

There are no thrift shops in my town and only one one music score shop that also sells records on the side but other than that theres not a whole lot.
Second hand sites are p great too but it costs like 6.50 euros to ship a record which is usually more than the record itself.

Nearly, if not all stores that sell physical media went out of bussiness. Rip

What is the best turntable in the market?
the best turntable possible or best for the price?
for the best price is probably going to be the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, if you're on a budget then id say an AT LP120 or a U-Turn Orbit
i have a U-Turn orbit with some upgrades and it sounds nice and works like a charm

They dont sell audio technicas here
feels incredibly bad man.

I used to buy them but they are pretty expensive. I have more space and use for cd's then I do for vinyl.

https://www.thomann.de/be/audio-technica_dj_turntables.html
My price range was something more of an LP60 but ill probably get a 120 in the future.
Right now I have a Sony PS LX300 or something. Works good enough.

I got into vinyl in mid-2012; was using a really mediocre turntable from my parent's old stereo system at first but then upgraded to a Technics SL-D2 after a fairly short period of time. It's been ages since I've actually bought a record, though (I think the last one I bought was the pre-order for Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards of Canada back when that album was announced). I still keep the turntable around because I plan on picking up some house records I've been eyeing at some point in the future, and also because it'll come in handy if I ever see any records at a thrift store that might be worth sampling for my own music.

No but I buy music on iTunes and it sounds just as good also I can carry it around in my pocket which is a huge plus