Poll

Which research route should we pursue first?

LASERS! PEW PEW PEW!
2 (28.6%)
ARMOR! I DON'T WANT TO DIEEE!
3 (42.9%)
PSIONICS! MIND BULLETS > REAL BULLETS
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: BloXCOM 2: Operation Hell King  (Read 2600 times)

Welcome, volunteers, rebels, ex-military, and political prisoners. Welcome, to the newest front against the alien threat that has enslaved the earth. Don your red kevlar vests, and get comfy, this is gonna be a long war. But first, where is the rebel base? We need a place to start from, and we've got a few options on where to go. Should we start in Africa, Europe, Asia, South America, or North America?

If you want to join, post what your soldier's name will be, along with race, country of origin, backstory (optional), class, and gender. Also post what you'd prefer your dude to look like. I'll download whatever cosmetics mod is compatible with LW.

If it wasn't clear enough, I'm going to play XCOM 2 and use forumers as the poor dudes that are gonna get tentacle raped by the ayys. I'll be playing on Normal with the Long War mod, so there will be plenty of opportunities for death and glory amongst the squads. Feel free to suggest strategies! I haven't played this game in a few months, so it'll likely be a rocky start.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:16:40 PM by Rigel »

bloxnet.org

make me a stealth ninja

>long war normal
>no wotc

how can anyone participate in an xcom forum game with no loving templars? or reapers? the Sparks are gone too! argg this thread makes me angry
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:16:28 PM by thegoodperry »

Also bring back captain nigeria the funky psiop superhero

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:19:48 PM by thegoodperry »

soldier's name will be, along with race, country of origin, backstory (optional), class, and gender

Name: Billy  Bob Joe

Race:  orange

Country of origin: murica

Backstory: is Annoying Oranges 10th son

Class: idfk

Name: Lemon Tart

Race: Caucasian

Country of Origin: Finland

Backstory: Champion of profanity and procrastination.

Class: Sharpshooter

Appearancewise, go for long, dirty blonde hair and a stubble. Armor needs to be colored hot pink.

Gatecrasher went well...

...Sort of...

Well, the good thing is that we came out of that with both an officer corpse and a sectoid corpse, both fully intact. Usually it's a real pain in the ass to find a mission that will let us take the corpses to the avenger, so we won't be bottle-necked in research for a good amount of time.

Our first guerilla ops was an easy prison break with the wonderful reward of an engineer!

These are the heroes of the story so far:

We have started in Western North America, and have already expanded our communications to New Australia. Advent won't know what hit them!

Why are you close range shooting a sectoid instead of shooting from cover holy stuff no wonder a soldier died

If you want to avoid killing everyone in this thread use full cover always. none of that half cover stuff. Also keep in mind that an elevated position gives you +10 defense and +10 aim so use height whenever you can not just for the squadsight but the regular soldiers too

Psionics is a midlate game project that's only useful past month 3 so focus on lasers or armor because that takes less than a month to build. Do lasers first because the goal is to kill everything before they take a shot, and all your soldiers will be in full cover
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:20:47 PM by thegoodperry »

Pectoid was in a weird position, and was also the last enemy alive. I could've spent another few turns trying to reposition on him, or grenade him and lose the body, but I figured that sending someone to shoot him in the face from a foot away was a better idea. The only soldier that died was in full cover, and still got shot and killed by a disoriented sectoid.

Oh I guess that's xcom for you lol

I'm used to enemy within impossible where the dominant strategy for the first 2 months is to lob thousands of grenades, I forgot that sectoids in xcom 2 aren't loving everywhere

I'm confused on what this is

I'm confused on what this is
XCOM 2, but I let the forum make characters and guide my decisions.

XCOM 2, but I let the forum make characters and guide my decisions.

I don't know what XCOM 2 is.