Author Topic: Port Town Bank  (Read 2480 times)

Before ver. 10 (I am not sure what version it was) I came up with an idea of opening a bank. I was getting tired of losing 2k-3k every time I died. I also figured  I could let others deposit in it too. So, I made a couple spreadsheets with OpenOffice and told some of my friends.
 At the last count we had over 50k in the bank. Our highest amount, however was 70k. Anyways, all that was in the bank is gone, but the bank will be reopened. I already have the account up, I just need to do all the money-related quests so i can have some reserves on hand.
When the bank is officially opened to the public, it will offer these... things:
1. storage of money (of course)
2. Special clan accounts
3. Money Transfers
4. money tracking (open office)
5. Benefits
6. eventually loans
and other things i have planned

I'll let you know more info as it comes along...

PS: you'll see me online as robinhoodie or demonhoodie

How does this bank make money? You know, like normal banks.

How does this bank make money? You know, like normal banks.

Did you not see the loan part?

Loaning is giving out money, not getting it, if you give it out, you only earn if there late on the payments.

Loaning is giving out money, not getting it, if you give it out, you only earn if there late on the payments.

INTEREST!!

@Intrest: Lets say you loan, of 50,000$, at 5% APR, ok, do the math

50,000$ * 5% = X

x - 5% = C

C = Bank's Profit.

Get it now?

Mafias are good at collecting money from people. You can emply our services anytime if you have people behind on their loans.

Badspot

• Administrator
Loans dont make sense because there are no investment opportunities in AoT

Yeah, but people can still pay "interest" on those loans. Loan sharking at its finest. "You COULD go do dungeon 2 and get that magic bow in 20 minutes, OR, you can pay me $3000 later for me to loan you $2500 to get it NOW."

Cops, Criminals, Mafia, Bounty hunters, a bank, and the occasional hooker. Now we just need ninjas and AoT will be complete! :cookieMonster:

Wow, i didn't thiink it'd spark this much of a response...

Hm... that's actually the type of loan i was thinking of... the crossbow loan.

is it like just a player holding money ?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 09:03:20 AM by ase »

yes, the bank IS robinhoodie.

If he doesn't pay you back, the mafia or bounty hunters could track him down, so he won't cheat you

yah its a separate account. btw, i dunno if im gonna reopen it any time soon, i've been busy lately...  anyways ill let you know when i get the account to 4 hours...

Hhahaha ANCIENT topic!!!! Before ye olde banketh!