Author Topic: Browsing the BLF with 8MB of RAM  (Read 2972 times)

Windows 98 FE in Virtualbox with 8MB of RAM and running off of an 8GB flash drive for the full experience.

Considering GlobalMemoryStatulove is like one of the first functions that Blockland checks for we're not off to a good start.

go a step beyond and get blockland (any version lol) working on a physical windows 98 computer

god the resolution being smaller than 800x600 is killing me

I installed some better drivers off of a virtual floppy (yes, literally) and got it to run in 16-bit color at a higher resolution.

Blockland v20 and v21 won't work on Windows 98 and v13 seems to just give up when looking for an OpenGL GPU.
Unfortunately Virtualbox does not support GPU acceleration. I might look into using Unraid as is supports hardware pass-through

very creative content
but why the heck is kenkos name [email protected] in the picture

very creative content
but why the heck is kenkos name [email protected] in the picture
Cloudflare probably being weird because the browser has outdated security protocols or something.

i have been censored

also yeah virtualbox sucks

if you do manage to get a version of blockland working download my vehicles and watch what happens.

Can you run v0002 or RTB?

also
if you do manage to get a version of blockland working download my vehicles and watch what happens.
NOBODY GIVES A stuff ABOUT YOUR VEHICLES

actually after experimenting with vmware it also doesn't really want to work, no matter all the drivers i throw at it. people have written on the garagegames forums that they've managed to even work on torque engine games on win98 though, so I guess you'd really need a physical machine to get this to work

hey OP also review my sound cloud rap/diss track songs i made

i have been censored

also yeah virtualbox sucks
Yeah for some reason Virtualbox has the option to enable 2D and 3D hardware acceleration but from what I can tell there's no difference at all on either side.

Can you run v0002 or RTB?

alsoNOBODY GIVES A stuff ABOUT YOUR VEHICLES
lol i said it because i wanted you to do what i said and see how bad the framerate would get and see if the game crashed or something.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:11:56 AM by SwiftHyena2593 »