RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13427 times)

Apparently Nintendo is done sending the cease and desist letters and emails to the websites that offer free emulators from older consoles and now are suing almost every website like EmuParadise. Some websites that provide emulators and ROMs for free are being threatened as much as $100,000 dollars as a result of the fines of offering a Nintendo game stacking. Right now, EmuParadise is getting rid of their entire database of games and LoveROMS has been closed for about a month, likely having no return.

Not only are they taking down the actual unaltered emulators and ROMs, but they are even taking down ROM hacks. So I guess say goodbye to almost every older game that isn't on VC as well as stuff like Dolphin and VirtualBoy as most of their users downloaded the ROMs on websites like EmuParadise.

I've heard about this as I tried playing the Wind Waker HD, only to have my internet shut off by Cox. I was told that Nintendo had alerted them about my IP possessing an illegal copy of one of their games. Never mind the fact that I had about 15 other pirated games where only 4 were registered as a violation, one being a AAA game being not even 6 months old yet; but a game on an outdated console that probably isn't even sold in GameStop's bargain section? CEASE AND DESIST!

I'm honestly afraid this practice is gonna spread to other companies.

/discuss
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:35:41 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

yeah romparadise is gone

BUT I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE ONES I WANTED
ahahaha

aaaaaand this is why i don’t pirate stuff lol

its loving stupid because all of these games are probably out of print
and yes i know virtual console exists but thats only a small portion of their game catalog

don't talk bullstuff.

in regard to this, one of the rom sites that I used to be the most when I was kid is coolrom.com, the site hasn't been taken down, but the entire nintendo roms database was deleted, that made me really upset

its loving stupid because all of these games are probably out of print
and yes i know virtual console exists but thats only a small portion of their game catalog

The problem is that they only include %20 of the entire rom database, and they give no forgets for the rest

Yall should have used Villain3ds to get stuff tons of games that are off-production or obscure

You can easily pirate stuff if you use something like a VPN as the ISP's cannot detect your IP address under one.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:54:26 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

Of course there are alternatives, emulationscene will never die, I has been going on for decades, if one source isn't available anymore(emuparadise.com) we can look for another one.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:47:48 AM by FelipeO_O_ »

You can easily pirate stuff if you use something like VPN as the ISP's cannot detect your IP address under one.
right. give my internet privacy to another private company except this time it’s a vpn and i consolidate all of the illegal stuff i do and hand it to them on a platter
frankly id rather avoid any piracy bullstuff anybody gives me by just not pirating stuff and instead following the completely reasonable fair use laws and not loving over a video game developer whose work id likely enjoy regardless

(who would pirate stuff anyway, where do you get that idea from? lol)

Also notice that even badspot "pirates" stuff:
https://badspot.us/Super-Mario-Land-Mushroom-Get.html
super mario land is a game boy game

and yet even badspot is extremely strict about keeping pro-piracy anything off of this site for the sake of not losing anything that could possibly back him