RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13462 times)

companies have a right to protect their IPs and i respect that, but i also dont really see what nintendo gains from doing this. what money are they getting back? what rights are they protecting? what dumbforget is going around believing Erik the Actor or Zeth64 is the actual mastermind behind the entire zelda franchise?

99% of people buying old nintendo games are buying them literally anywhere but nintendo. ebay, yard sales, old ass game stores that probably dont share their revenue with nintendo......

not to mention: what god like romhack has stolen business from nintendo before? maybe if nintendo gave a stuff about their twilight princess HD port, they wouldnt have to worry about a dedicated group of people actually raping their texture edit with actual model updates, new levels/enemies, new textures, bumpmaps, speculars/shaders etc.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:19:41 PM by mod-man »

The whole "potential sales" surrounding ROM's is complete and utter bullstuff. If I want to play an obscure GBA game from 2004 it's probably not available for purchase anywhere except places like Vintage Stock, Craigslist, Ebay, etc and even then it can take forever to find something for a half decent price. Nintendo doesn't even see any profit from secondhand sales and 99% of the ROM's they're suing for aren't even available for purchase on their certified console emulator (forgot what it was called) so there's literally no other way for them to make money from older games aside from suing websites that host ROMS.

Literally none of the game developers will see a cent from these lawsuits. Nintendo is turning into EA.

oh no people are suing people for stealing their intellectual property!!!!1!1!!11!! this is so sad

Imo emulation is a necessary evil, even though it's technically piracy.

I see emulation as preservation, yeah emulation may be "evil" in a political sense, but see that the aim of emulation is to honour the legacy of the games which, without emulation, would have been forgotten by the time or remained in obscurity

nintendo needs the bux yo

nintendo needs the bux yo
what money are they going to get from games that aren't even being produced anymore

what money are they going to get from games that aren't even being produced anymore
vbux

Ross Scott explained this kinda perfectly

--oops wrong video nevermind this--
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:47:09 PM by Verification »

selling copy of pcsx2 dm me if you want download link

Wow, loving hell nintendo.
You keep making it harder and harder for me to want to support anything from ya.
I'm loving tempted to just toss my switch, but you already have the money from that.

at this point, I'm going to swear off nintendo, it's over.
Roms, understandable, somewhat.
Romhacks, well unless they're just the patch file, again understandable.
Emulators, you dumb mother forgeters.
EMULATION
IS
LEGAL

This is throwing weight around, even though emulation is legal, they can sue any company for any reason so long as they are bigger than them.

Oh yeah, i guess that also means RIP to corrupting and repainting Nintendo games when Nintendo goes all out on this

Thanks, Reggie

And Whoever supports this is way more devil than nintendo law suits