RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13499 times)

And Whoever supports this is way more devil than nintendo law suits
i kind of half support emulation like what if you have a copy of an old game but you lost the console? what if the disk broke? this is why i have a rom of paper mario because my old copy is for the loving wii

its loving stupid because all of these games are probably out of print
and yes i know virtual console exists but thats only a small portion of their game catalog
100% correct

A large majority of these old games aren't sold officially. No, Nintendo isn't seeing any of the $300 from that copy of Path of Radiance that you bought off of some random dude on eBay.

Nintendo does have the Virtual Console but even that is on hiatus on the Switch and the support for it has been dwindling down since the Wii. There's still a multitude of games that there is no way of buying officially if you wanted to and dumping your own cartridge is far more complex and requires different tools compared to ripping a CD/DVD.

Dumping isn't necessarily a practical option for most people and currently there is little effort by Nintendo to make an official way to buy them. A lot of games (not all of them mind you) effectively in the same state as abandonware. Nintendo fully has the rights to do this obviously, but they aren't gaining much from this action honestly.

What? I can't download someone else's intellectual property for free? What the forget Nintendo forget you! This is proof that Nintendo is evil. Never pirating another Nintendo game, not even gonna give them the support anymore

What? I can't download someone else's intellectual property for free? What the forget Nintendo forget you! This is proof that Nintendo is evil. Never pirating another Nintendo game, not even gonna give them the support anymore

I hope you are trolling for your sake

100% correct

A large majority of these old games aren't sold officially. No, Nintendo isn't seeing any of the $300 from that copy of Path of Radiance that you bought off of some random dude on eBay.

Nintendo does have the Virtual Console but even that is on hiatus on the Switch and the support for it has been dwindling down since the Wii. There's still a multitude of games that there is no way of buying officially if you wanted to and dumping your own cartridge is far more complex and requires different tools compared to ripping a CD/DVD.

Dumping isn't necessarily a practical option for most people and currently there is little effort by Nintendo to make an official way to buy them. A lot of games (not all of them mind you) effectively in the same state as abandonware. Nintendo fully has the rights to do this obviously, but they aren't gaining much from this action honestly.

i mean i could still like

bootleg it

People who supports these actions like, for example, drydess and thegoodperry are all belonging to the first class, that is, they suck their parents wallet and their parent, in return, don't care.

They are completely out of their minds

nope I'm dead serious. I demand free copies of all games in the world. Who cares that people worked for years on these games and I'm depriving them of money and making their hard work in vain- I'm entitled to free content because this is the internet and my first amendment rights say I can download other people's things for free

This is clearly nintemdo censoring

I haven't seen you in this thread yet, but if you're blatantly being contrarian to my position because it's mine or someone elses's, that's a handicapped reason to make a position to spite someone else's.
nope I'm dead serious. I demand free copies of all games in the world. Who cares that people worked for years on these games and I'm depriving them of money and making their hard work in vain- I'm entitled to free content because this is the internet and my first amendment rights say I can download other people's things for free

You're denser than a forgetin blackhole.

they already got their bling the loving games are out of print

i think its more about being able to play games that as far as public consumption goes: arent playable otherwise because either the company that made it doesn't exist anymore or there are incredibly scarce copies that run in hundreds of dollars that these developers will never see anyways. its not just nintendo games

Nonsense

Hey kid, do you realize from where the influence of the developers who make your games that you buy with your dad credit card comes from?

They come from classic games and they probably played the very same games on a emulator.

People who supports these actions like, for example, drydess and thegoodperry are all belonging to the first class, that is, they suck their parents wallet and their parent, in return, don't care.

They are completely out of their minds
child i work 45 hours a week and i exchange my money for goods because im a loving adult. im not into all this loving emulating and pirating bullstuff. even if the game is 20 years old you're still taking a good without paying for it and that loving hurts the company because you could be spending that on a remake of that product or a reboot or some stuff. just saying "oh its too old they dont make money anymore" is loving handicapped and anyone with that mindset understands nothing about economics

Hey kid, do you realize from where the influence of the developers who make your games that you buy with your dad credit card comes from?
where are you getting this notion that i use my parents money? do you want me to recite my w4 form for you? take a picture of my weekly paystub or show you the pictures of my various direct deposits of 400 dollars that i get every week because i loving work?

i can honestly see where thegoodperry is coming from
some people do just use emulators for every game and barely buy anything and its a bit stuffty because some of the emulated games are actually recent games so the companies could be actually losing money
still i hold my point
i kind of half support emulation like what if you have a copy of an old game but you lost the console? what if the disk broke? this is why i have a rom of paper mario because my old copy is for the loving wii