RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13449 times)

well uh, they can't sue... so they aren't sueing. in that case its perfectly legal to download their content because the company no longer exists
but now people lose their outlets because the entire site is taken down. if its something that picks up (which i dont think it will, since emulation has almost been around as long as gaming has) some games could be lost forever if not preserved and this could cause some nerds to kill themselves

I know all phantos cares about is drawing the lines of legality, so that one day he can justify the removal of free speech legally, since skirting the lines of technicalities is always how you forget everyone over.

But as badspot said, Might does not make right and people will not tolerate snarky technicalities like nintendo's.

It's not about what's allowed, it's about what's right, and this isn't right but it's allowed. I don't think it shouldn't be, but nintendo is abusing their power.

The thing is....  most of these games are under the nintendo's name.

and They deleted it without even consulting the original developers
the developers dont own the games they make sadly. its property of nintendo since they are the publisher, therefore nintendo has the final say in all legal stuff regarding the content

but now people lose their outlets because the entire site is taken down. if its something that picks up (which i dont think it will, since emulation has almost been around as long as gaming has) some games could be lost forever if not preserved and this could cause some nerds to kill themselves
i mean legally a cease and desist isnt even necessary, nintendo can just skip that and sue all the websites for owning their content illegally in the first place. my assumption is that under cease and desist if the websites remove all their nintendo content they would've ceased and desisted. i dont know about the fine, i think nintendo has the right to sue for actual money

What do you guys think PhantOS' daily cum intake is?
1000 Wii Points and the newest copy of Super Duper Smash bros Ultimate 5 & Cuckles.

I know all phantos cares about is drawing the lines of legality, so that one day he can justify the removal of free speech legally, since skirting the lines of technicalities is always how you forget everyone over.

But as badspot said, Might does not make right and people will not tolerate snarky technicalities like nintendo's.

It's not about what's allowed, it's about what's right, and this isn't right but it's allowed. I don't think it shouldn't be, but nintendo is abusing their power.
What's right is that you aren't allowed to acquire their stuff for free. Trying to justify being entitled to free content by default is loving stupid as stuff and im sure badspot would probably have a few things to say in agreement. almost all game devs can agree that any form of pirating or emulation is generally stupid and a real net loss of money in the end.

whats funny is i was going to make an ironic post about how nintendo was infringing on my 1st amendment right to own all content for free but my phone powered down, but now i dont have to make that post because you unironically believe that this has something to do with your freedom of speech being infringed upon (as usual)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:31:25 PM by thegoodperry »

the developers dont own the games they make sadly. its property of nintendo since they are the publisher, therefore nintendo has the final say in all legal stuff regarding the content
i mean legally a cease and desist isnt even necessary, nintendo can just skip that and sue all the websites for owning their content illegally in the first place. my assumption is that under cease and desist if the websites remove all their nintendo content they would've ceased and desisted. i dont know about the fine, i think nintendo has the right to sue for actual money
The Cease and Desist is the coward's letter to strike fear into someone to back down, whether they are right or wrong, and to avoid having to put money into an actual lawsuit and risk losing.

Nintendo is afraid of loving themselves, and in this case they might, since they don't take advantage of more than half of the property on those websites.

The Cease and Desist is the coward's letter to strike fear into someone to back down, whether they are right or wrong, and to avoid having to put money into an actual lawsuit and risk losing.

Nintendo is afraid of loving themselves, and in this case they might, since they don't take advantage of more than half of the property on those websites.
holy stuff a cease and desist is a letter to tell people to stop illegally using your intellectual property for forgets sake. 99% of the time a cease and desist is entirely warranted and right.

if you sold your red forum theme for $5 and i decided to buy it and give people a free download on a different website for everyone to use you'd have the loving right to put out a cease and desist on me. its not some act of cowardice, its telling someone to stop loving using your stuff without permission

What's right is that you aren't allowed to acquire their stuff for free. Trying to justify being entitled to free content by default is loving stupid as stuff and im sure badspot would probably have a few things to say in agreement. almost all game devs can agree that any form of pirating or emulation is generally stupid and a real net loss of money in the end

Point me in the direction in which they're selling anything outside of the mainstream classics and cult classics.
Not every game is readily available.

If there is a way to buy the game from them still, fine, they're losing money.
But how the absolute forget, is nintendo losing money on battletoads, that's microsoft's problem.
How the forget is Nintendo losing money on little samson, how is nintendo losing money on properties they cannot sell?

This is an abuse of power, 5 or 10 games does not justify shutting down an entire website.

if you sold your red forum theme for $5 and i decided to buy it and give people a free download on a different website for everyone to use you'd have the loving right to put out a cease and desist on me. its not some act of cowardice, its telling someone to stop loving using your stuff without permission
Now that the red forum theme is antiquated and useless, i would be forced to stop selling it. If someone started giving away free downloads on other sites where they could use it, how am I losing money now that I have stopped selling it and cannot sell it again?

Point me in the direction in which they're selling anything outside of the mainstream classics and cult classics.
Not every game is readily available.

If there is a way to buy the game from them still, fine, they're losing money.
But how the absolute forget, is nintendo losing money on battletoads, that's microsoft's problem.
How the forget is Nintendo losing money on little samson, how is nintendo losing money on properties they cannot sell?

This is an abuse of power, 5 or 10 games does not justify shutting down an entire website.
Because they reserve the right to make a reboot in the future? because it's literally their property and they can do whatever they feel will make them more money because they loving made it? how are you this goddamn handicapped

since emulation has almost been around as long as gaming has

It does

but I wonder why they solved to take action only recently, emuparadise.com has been around for a long time.

Bear with me, people would point fingers out to VC, VC comes from  2006.

Why didn't they do it since the VC birth ?

Because they reserve the right to make a reboot in the future? because it's literally their property and they can do whatever they feel will make them more money because they loving made it? how are you this goddamn handicapped
NO IT'S loving NOT.
Nintendo doesn't own all the rights to EVERY NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, WII, WII U AND SWITCH GAME EVER MADE.
Do you think Nintendo isn't making Banjo Kazooie HD because they don't feel like it?

NO IT'S loving NOT.
Nintendo doesn't own all the rights to EVERY NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, WII, WII U AND SWITCH GAME EVER MADE.
Do you think Nintendo isn't making Banjo Kazooie HD because they don't feel like it?
o stuff, matthew angery

They literally do. Any game with a Copyright Nintendo (C) 19XX or 20XX is literally nintendo's property and they have full 100% ownership over that content unless they sold the rights (they have never sold the rights of anything). Even if its developed or outsourced by a foreign game studio it still belongs to nintendo in the end, as they own the rights to all characters setting and names