RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13444 times)

They literally do. Any game with a Copyright Nintendo (C) 19XX or 20XX is literally nintendo's property and they have full 100% ownership over that content unless they sold the rights (they have never sold the rights of anything). Even if its developed or outsourced by a foreign game studio it still belongs to nintendo in the end, as they own the rights to all characters setting and names
Then explain, explain to me why Nintendo hasn't made Super Mario RPG HD, Banjo Kazooie HD, Hell even a BANJO KAZOOIE Virtual Console release? You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Nintendo PUBLISHED these games. They don't have "100% full ownership".

It does

but I wonder why they solved to take action only recently, emuparadise.com has been around for a long time.

Bear with me, people would point fingers out to VC, VC comes from  2006.

Why didn't they do it since the VC birth ?
thats what im wondering

as far as i know, nintendo is even split on the matter of emulation internally. im specifically talking about rom/iso hacks here, but Nintendo of America apparently voiced approval for creators and modders back when nintendo was cracking down on the metroid 2 remake mod. i remember this because they also went after a twilight princess mod i was following around that same time and they said the same thing. afaik these kind of decisions come from Nintendo of Japans internals

maybe something about that could be why? ill assume its mostly for switch related sales, i just think its interesting nintendo is so polarized on the issue
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:51:19 PM by mod-man »

Then explain, explain to me why Nintendo hasn't made Super Mario RPG HD, Banjo Kazooie HD, Hell even a BANJO KAZOOIE Virtual Console release? You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Nintendo PUBLISHED these games. They don't have "100% full ownership".
Who loving cares what they decide to do with their property? Who cares if they didn't make an HD remake last year or if they plan on making it one year from now or 10 years from now, it has LITERALLY NOTHING to do with the fact that they have LITERALLY LEGALLY FULL 100% OWNERSHIP of all the games they published. You can read this up on any cornell law website or intellectual property website and EDUCATE yourself on copyright.

They reserve the right to make a remake or continue a franchise at literally any point in time as long as they own the rights to a franchise. There is no expiration date on their property where if they haven't made a remake yet they lose their loving rights. That doesn't exist

matthew, they own the characters, visuals, music, logos, etc. anything with nintendo copyright is owned by nintendo and they can strike anyone down who uses their stuff without permission. its stuffty, i know but its at least mostly justified and completely legal

afaik these kind of decisions come from Nintendo of Japans internals
Correct, Nintendo of Japan makes a lot of the calls so even if Nintendo of America has a different stance on something, Nintendo of Japan gets the final say.

Wait, isn't Banjo-Kazooie a Microsoft game? Didn't they release Nuts and Bolts on the Xbox 360. So... I guess that means that Nintendo doesn't own the rights, they just published it on their systems.

Who loving cares what they decide to do with their property? Who cares if they didn't make an HD remake last year or if they plan on making it one year from now or 10 years from now, it has LITERALLY NOTHING to do with the fact that they have LITERALLY LEGALLY FULL 100% OWNERSHIP of all the games they published. You can read this up on any cornell law website or intellectual property website and EDUCATE yourself on copyright.

They reserve the right to make a remake or continue a franchise at literally any point in time as long as they own the rights to a franchise. There is no expiration date on their property where if they haven't made a remake yet they lose their loving rights. That doesn't exist
THEN WHY HASN'T NINTENDO loving C&D'D MICROSOFT FOR THIS

Because they lost the rights to Rare's IPs the moment they sold them.

they have full 100% ownership over that content unless they sold the rights (they have never sold the rights of anything).

Because it's a Microsoft game. Microsoft owns the copyright to the game. Nintendo was just a means of publishing it, they have no say on what happens to it.

Its like playing some music from Super Mario World on a video and then BOOM Nintendo now owns that video and there is jack you can do, they own it.
Also they could have went for the bootleggers out there that some are flat out getting way with not you grand dad you are always loved by everyone
 using graphics and characters with no changes the only thing they do is make stuffty controls with a bad engine and throw on some random ass name like "Super Crazy Mario Bros. 53" and they throw it out to some street shop.
I just realized i sorta got off track but yeah. Nintendo should just look out for very new stuff like flat out pirating newer games (Switch or most of the 3DS game) and leave the older stuff as most of the people can't find the actual hardware and/or games to play it. (I don't Condone Piracy either but if i own the physical copy or the game i want to play is unplayable due to region restriction  Cough Cough Mother 3 then i would use an emulator and try to find a rom) Also i do own a physical copy of Super Mario World and Yoshi Island for the SNES.

Emulating is a form of piracy and I don't care what anyone's stance is on it otherwise.

TIL master matthew has no idea how IPs and copyright works

unsurprisingly

loving
now this is stuff!
well the rom hacks really
like they can take out the normal roms but WHY ROMHACKS!?

In the end Nintendo can't fully stop emulationscene

there will always be alternatives to get roms and that will never stop.