RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13514 times)

Because they lost the rights to Rare's IPs the moment they sold them.
Because they lost the rights to Rare's IPs the moment they sold them.
DING DING DING.
And that's only because they had partial ownership of the Rareware company.

Now what about other companies that just had games published by nintendo on their consoles? they wern't ever owned by nintendo. Same deal.

loving
now this is stuff!
well the rom hacks really
like they can take out the normal roms but WHY ROMHACKS!?
Rom hacks technically contain the main game and therefore Nintendo has the right over it. Best solution would be for people to make patches for the rom instead and just distribute the patch, not the entire rom.

loving
now this is stuff!
well the rom hacks really
like they can take out the normal roms but WHY ROMHACKS!?
I think they just want nothing left or as most like to say No FUN allowed
But most of the ROM hacks are Crazy and Beautiful.
Such as (but not limited to SMW Rom Hacks) Kaizo ROM hacks, Levels that has the level auto play with no input of the player to make music, and much more.
They are basically Shutting down such beauty of the community that keeps people happy and probably makes others want to buy the original games

Also SMBX was a great thing its a shame that the game hardly receives any love now
Like very impressive SMBX "Worlds/Campaign"
I feel like the BL community should try to make a Collab for SMBX
Edit: it was "Episodes"

Lol at people trying to act like emulating instead of going out of your way to buy a copy of a classic game for more than the cost of a modern console is evil. Emulation and piracy are two different things and anyone who thinks otherwise is genuinely handicapped. That said if you emulate BOTW you can honestly choke on a richard because emulating a game currently being sold 1st party is piracy.

I just got a retropi kit. Xd

Nintendo does legit still sell like 1/500th of their classic games in one form or another. It would actually be easier to go after all piracy at once than cherry pick a few roms from sites.

I dojt know why Nintendo doesnt just sell 1000 of thier old games in thier online download market. Nes and SNES can go for 1-5 dollars each and many people wouldn't mind.

Lol at people trying to act like emulating instead of going out of your way to buy a copy of a classic game for more than the cost of a modern console is evil. Emulation and piracy are two different things and anyone who thinks otherwise is genuinely handicapped. That said if you emulate BOTW you can honestly choke on a richard because emulating a game currently being sold 1st party is piracy.
but boyo, emulating a game isn't piracy.

I've only downloaded games I've once had but lost or broke (disc scratched beyond repair). Is it still piracy? I paid for the original copy, and hell I still play games I still own on an emulator because I don't want to dig up my old wii.

Depends. If I already own the game on wii u or switch and I just want to play the game at 4k on my pc is it really stealing?

I think it is piracy. The same game on diff platforms is arguably different games. It's not a back up copy when it's a diff game.

keep in mind that emulators are legal (see the bleem and connectix cases), and ripping a game that you own so that you can use it on an emulator is legal. however, distributing that rip or downloading it from someone is not.

I think it is piracy. The same game on diff platforms is arguably different games. It's not a back up copy when it's a diff game.

There are games where emulation is the only way to play them. Usually because their physical form is rare or are old enough to no longer work. Unless companies make an effort to re-release their games in some, game extinction is a possibility.

DING DING DING.
And that's only because they had partial ownership of the Rareware company.

Now what about other companies that just had games published by nintendo on their consoles? they wern't ever owned by nintendo. Same deal.
rare didn't own banjo kazooie until Nintendo sold the rights. It was 100% Nintendo property up until they sold it after which it became Rareware property until they sold it to Microsoft. There was never a partial ownership

rare didn't own banjo kazooie until Nintendo sold the rights. It was 100% Nintendo property up until they sold it after which it became Rareware property until they sold it to Microsoft. There was never a partial ownership