Author Topic: rate my wip portfolio please ty  (Read 760 times)

hey if you know stuff about portfolios please give me critique
-edit-
(visitor access)

im getting a domain tomorrow and will write the about/contact/commission pages plus all the actual project pages.
so far its just thumbnails and archive, but do tell me what you think of it and how well it runs

just pretend youre a small indie dev looking for interns who are cheap and young
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:50:13 PM by hootaloo »

i can tell you it doesn't work right on mobile

i can tell you it doesn't work right on mobile
oh yeah i definitely have not set that up yet due to the amount of videos on the homepage

It's good for what it's worth but the site itself is really ugly. You should organize it in a way that isn't just objects in a white background that appear when you hover over them, because that's just annoying.
Maybe do a slideshow type thing you can click on? Organize them in a grid?

There's also some pretty heavy focus on the tits of the PulseBlaster thing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:09:20 PM by Verification »

It's good for what it's worth but the site itself is really ugly. You should organize it in a way that isn't just objects in a white background that appear when you hover over them, because that's just annoying.
Maybe do a slideshow type thing you can click on? Organize them in a grid?
if they "appear when you hover over them" something is wrong, theyre just supposed to load instantly, the only thing that supposed to load when you hover is the text title

There's also some pretty heavy focus on the tits of the PulseBlaster thing.
lol now im just curious what youre seeing because that sounds pretty concerning
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:12:03 PM by hootaloo »

if they "appear when you hover over them" something is wrong, theyre just supposed to load instantly, the only thing that supposed to load when you hover is the text title
I had to zoom out really far and then scroll back in for them to be in the right place. My bad.

Youre more than likely good enough to work for an indie dev,
BUTT

This work is all over the place. You should either focus on a single thing or break up your art into different sections. I know youre a student, but the site looks like some sort of hybrid blog between homework and fan art. You REALLY dont want to look like a student if you want to work on game assets/art.

Thats my hot handful of cents

Youre more than likely good enough to work for an indie dev,
BUTT

This work is all over the place. You should either focus on a single thing or break up your art into different sections. I know youre a student, but the site looks like some sort of hybrid blog between homework and fan art. You REALLY dont want to look like a student if you want to work on game assets/art.

Thats my hot handful of cents
you are right im hoping to replace a lot of the current content with just game-art and work more on the main page. like making the thumbnails vertically thinner and grouping the three-panel pattern per project, that way i can add more detail to one specific project
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:57:21 PM by hootaloo »

yeah more organization would make the whole thing real nice. i really like it otherwise

how is squarespace to use? i'll probably be doing this in a couple years

yeah more organization would make the whole thing real nice. i really like it otherwise

how is squarespace to use? i'll probably be doing this in a couple years
loving great lol but im looking up at that pricetag tho

lol now im just curious what youre seeing because that sounds pretty concerning
https://sealion-octopus-jmch.squarespace.com/pulseblaster/
Tits are centered and the zoom is noticeable on medium-high resolutions, first thing I noticed when I clicked the page was shiny metal tits

-edit-
Tits are centered and the zoom is noticeable on medium-high resolutions, first thing I noticed when I clicked the page was shiny metal tits
i havent worked on the actual project pages yet i said that in op, only the main page thumbnails and the archive
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:50:38 PM by hootaloo »